Nitecore SRT5 & 6

drummer132132

Enlightened
Hello all,

Been looking at the Nitecore SRT5 & 6 and was wondering if users out there have experienced any issues with the lights on there lowest output setting aka "moonlight" mode etc. I know the SRT6 doesn't have a specific moonlight mode like the SRT5. Any input would be great, thanks.

ragnarok164

Newly Enlightened
I have SRT3, 5, and 6. I have experience no problem with moonlight mode on both SRT3 & 5 . The only problem I have is with the SRT3 where the red LED jumps to blue sometimes. It didn't bother me since I only use the main LED.

The SRT6 like you mention does not have a moonlight mode. However, you can get it down to around 3-5 lumen before it turns off at the standby mode.

drummer132132

Enlightened
I have SRT3, 5, and 6. I have experience no problem with moonlight mode on both SRT3 & 5 . The only problem I have is with the SRT3 where the red LED jumps to blue sometimes. It didn't bother me since I only use the main LED.

The SRT6 like you mention does not have a moonlight mode. However, you can get it down to around 3-5 lumen before it turns off at the standby mode.

Thank you for the input, gives me an idea of which to get now. On a side note there is a video that shows the SRT6 & 7 being put under pressure that would equal 60m in depth for 30 minutes. Do you think the SRT5 could handle the same pressure/test?

ACruceSalus

Enlightened
I've had an SRT7 for a little over a month now and I like it. It's comparable to the 6 but with all the colored disco lights. I saw a video on Youtube about it's dive claims (maybe the one you saw) but I'm skeptical. Have you also seen this website which claims that it's a dive light down to 40m. They have a video of people using them to dive. I've been meaning to contact them (they're in Singapore) but haven't gotten around to it yet. I want to find out if the 6 & 7 that they use are stock or have been modified. If you look at the SRT3 & 5 at that site it does not list them as dive lights. Brightguy also explicitly states that the 5 is not a dive light.