Need a doctor fast!!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a bbq in the garden yesterday and drunk perhaps a little too much and instead of suffering from alcohol i am suffering a bout of flashaholicism.I have this sudden urge to add a C123 powered clicky light to the collection for no reason i can think of other than i want a new light.:eek:

Shall i try a Nitecore MT1C or a Klarus XT1 C ?

välineurheilija

Enlightened
That is a dangerous disease :)
I like the looks of the Klarus more and i would personally go for that one simply because i dont own any Klarus lights(yet).

ven

Flashaholic
Had a bbq in the garden yesterday and drunk perhaps a little too much and instead of suffering from alcohol i am suffering a bout of flashaholicism.I have this sudden urge to add a C123 powered clicky light to the collection for no reason i can think of other than i want a new light.:eek:

Shall i try a Nitecore MT1C or a Klarus XT1 C ?

My 1st bit of advice goes without saying.....................need to drink more regular :nana:

I have no excuses as dont even drink.............:laughing:

Tough call tbh,i prefer the look of the Klarus more but more expensive,depends on what the mode spacing would be better suited for you would look into the low/med etc

I have a p1a that the poor clip broke,can i get one after many emails(6 weeks now)...........nope ,been forwarded a UK supplier who has them,£3.95 for clip and £3.95 for delivery(for a clip) yeh right!! and its new not like a 5yr old purchase:thumbsdow

Bare in mind i paid equivalent to £16 delivered from BG...........for the light and clip on offer.

Not dealt with nitecore regarding parts so cant comment there...........

I would look into the sunwayman my self with the infinite control ring............its great and can set exact lumens
m11r or v11r or also the r10r

ven

Flashaholic
Going on my post i was in a similar position but i prefer IMR 16340 over 123.So i had a d25cvn(same as your d25a but c):laughing: i wanted a magnetic infinitive control ring as excellent imo. Then i wanted flexibility.............dont want much do i...........:sick2: so the v11r with ext fitted the bill(pun intended there;))

So now you can use AA/14500/123/16340...........very food flexible:twothumbs

Only a thought

:thumbsup:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep a ring lights a very good choice for a super useful little cr123 light. i have a nitecore IFE1 - awsome :)
actually i quite fancy a klarus rs16 ( is it ?) the single cr123 version of there rechargeable line up - if your guna go klarus that is.

1st BBQ of the year ?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I find for wee lights that the control rings add a lot of length compared to a tail clicker...and that while I enjoy the degree of output control, it's harder to operate a teeny control ring. I've been gravitating towards IMR 18350 lights over 16340s as they just give more bang for the buck.

If you want mostly throw, I'd look hardest at tail clickers, as throw at low settings is rarely used. ...but if going for flood, the ability to make a dimmer pool of light with a control ring is nice.

Is there a range you'd want the new light to be able to light up stuff at, say farther than your other wee lights can, to make the new one do something your others can't?

Last edited:

Enlightened
I don't understand. Why waste money on those torches when any 10 quid torch at any trade store does all of what those do?

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a dangerous disease :)
I like the looks of the Klarus more and i would personally go for that one simply because i dont own any Klarus lights(yet).
Dangerous but easily cured. Just buy an HDS, and you will be less tempted to buy more lights because everything else will look like junk in comparison. ;)

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand. Why waste money on those torches when any 10 quid torch at any trade store does all of what those do?

I quite agree but as yet UK trade stores do not offer CR123 click lights but once they do i will be the first customer.:crackup:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I like to say, "Sure, your light may be significantly cheaper, but if I drop mine from a ladder, I'll pick it up and keep working. If you drop yours, you'll be picking up the pieces."

TEEJ

Flashaholic
As I like to say, "Sure, your light may be significantly cheaper, but if I drop mine from a ladder, I'll pick it up and keep working. If you drop yours, you'll be picking up the pieces."

The post was a joke, a play on McNair's advice to everyone who asks about a light.

:D

And, lots of lights can be dropped and survive now a days, they can be a lot tougher than they used to. (And sure there's PLENTY of junk that falls apart if you look at it too hard too)

:D

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally would choose neither a Klarus nor a Nitecore.

If you're looking for an outstanding single CR123 torch,an HDS should make you very happy.

While not up to HDS standards, Sunwayman's single CR123 lights are very popular.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally would choose neither a Klarus nor a Nitecore.

If you're looking for an outstanding single CR123 torch,an HDS should make you very happy.

While not up to HDS standards, Sunwayman's single CR123 lights are very popular.

For those on a tight budget (such as I) HDS is kinda out of reach not to mention the difficulty of getting one...

Latest posts