Cheap Olights on eBay - Are they legit?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have any experience with eBay seller edealline​​ ?

Selling Olights (among other things) out of Hong Kong with no reserve, have seen S10, SR51 and M3X all sell for under £15 in the last few days, even a SR mini went for £25!

Feedback seems pretty good (98% positive on over 1700 transactions).

Just wondering if these Olights could be fake?

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually before I buy on that site, I pull up all the negative feedback to see the reasons before I bid.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually before I buy on that site, I pull up all the negative feedback to see the reasons before I bid.

Thanks Cerealand.
Just checked the negatives, mainly due to slow delivery or a lack of battery. Still unsure about this seller

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might be searching incorrectly, but I can't find any bidding auctions on olights...

Search for eBay item 251533192378 for an active auction.

The ones I mentioned in my first post only ended last night so no feedback yet.

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
I have now two orders of this seller, both are bids, very cheap; but still not recived (orders end april and may). Very fast the shipping.

Last edited:

ACruceSalus

Enlightened
Some people don't like to leave negative feedback so they leave negative comments as neutral feedback. You'll want to check those also. My wife does all the vetting of ebay sellers and her general rule of thumb is to scrutinize the why, when, where, how, and what of the seller's negative/neutral feedback. She says it's pretty complicated and she's been doing it for years. She's never been burned but then again she is conservative. Depends on how much risk you're willing to take.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have any experience with eBay seller edealline​​ ?

Selling Olights (among other things) out of Hong Kong with no reserve, have seen S10, SR51 and M3X all sell for under £15 in the last few days, even a SR mini went for £25!

Feedback seems pretty good (98% positive on over 1700 transactions).

Just wondering if these Olights could be fake?

i took the plunge two days ago, ill let you know how i get on, my experience is sellers will just get rid of stock fast and cheap to build up their ratings for starting their business. i would risk his auctions 1700 transactions is still a lot, before he decides to put his stock up to normal prices :)

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
Today I have received the first of two orders I made; order made april, 29, today received, all Ok. Normal price 36-39 $, I buy it in Edealline (bid) for 11,5 $, free shipping to Spain. The item is Sunwayman R20A red NW.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be real or could be second grade quality.To make a profit you need to buy better than other Olight dealers and work it out what they are selling.;)

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought the SR51 Intimidator for $30.31. I'll let you know. This is high risk for me-I rarely buy from unknown, un-reccomended vendors, but I saw the auction was going slow and decided I would bid up to $40 USD to see(this was technically eBay UK). The vendor has 98% positive feedback, and the 4 complaints in the last 30 days out of 257 transactions were not counterfit complaints. I saw your post & took a chance, I will know between 5/22 & 5/28 if I bought a great light very cheap or if I made a poor judgement call...

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
*********I read his feedback last night - most of the recent negative feedback was from one guy only who happened to have bought a load of gear. so fingers crossed its all good.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
He has been on eBay since 2011, and a 98% 5 star rating. The majority of the complaints were satellite/smart tv boxes, and slow shipping. We will see how the flashlights turn out. I am encouraged that other CPF'rs have received flashlights without problems. eBay insurance/PayPal coverage will refund full price if the item is not delivered so I will patiently wait for my Olight SR51 and see...

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, today is the 28th, and no light. I sent a message and recieved a prompt reply that the company lost a large number of packages, including mine. They are sending a replacement. I asked for express delivery via FedEx or UPS, let's see what response I get...I was really hoping I did not blow $31...I know it is not a lot, but for me this is the balance of my discretionary income for flashlights this month. I did get a great deal on a titanium high CRI Preon 1 & 2 today, but I also really want to finalize a deal on some Lithium PO4 cells & a charger...

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, today is the 28th, and no light. I sent a message and recieved a prompt reply that the company lost a large number of packages, including mine. They are sending a replacement. I asked for express delivery via FedEx or UPS, let's see what response I get...I was really hoping I did not blow $31...I know it is not a lot, but for me this is the balance of my discretionary income for flashlights this month. I did get a great deal on a titanium high CRI Preon 1 & 2 today, but I also really want to finalize a deal on some Lithium PO4 cells & a charger...

Lost a large number of packages indeed,do not swallow that sob story.Any decent seller of anything will achieve on average say a 98% success rate of sending parcels out.

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
Hi Noctiluco,
Have you received your second light yet? Thanks. I'm waiting for my SR51 Intimidator to arrive (expected delivery date between 5-22 and 5-28).

Hi, Crazyeddiethefirst, today I have received the second order. The item I ordered was a Sunwayman R15A grey (only 12 $ in a bid), but I have received a black one. I have made a negative feedback but I will not complain to the seller nor will return the product. Hong Kong Post is the postal company. The package has a tracking number; But the seller did not provide me this number when sending product. Perhaps the seller has a tracking number for your package? I'd suggest that you ask the seller ...

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm happy to report that this seller can be trusted. Just received 3 well packaged Olights in the mail.

SR Mini: paid £26
M3X: paid £12
M18: paid £7

Plus free shipping from Hong Kong!

That's what I call a bargain :thumbsup:

Craig K

Enlightened
I'm happy to report that this seller can be trusted. Just received 3 well packaged Olights in the mail.

SR Mini: paid £26
M3X: paid £12
M18: paid £7

Plus free shipping from Hong Kong!

That's what I call a bargain :thumbsup:

What the hell, how is this seller able to sell these lights so cheap?