Beamshots of Hong Kong (Pic)

yclo

Flashaholic*
Before anyone moves this to a light related forum because of the title, please don't. The Cafe seems like the most appropriate forum for it, see picture below. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

That aside, the following photo was not altered in anyway other than some slight contrast adjustment.

fa401e9c.jpg

Bigger picture

Whoever organized this lightshow must be a flashaholic! All I know is that it began tonight (20th), there are periodic light shows where the lights + lasers (greenies!) move around and blink etc. Apparently later on (days/weeks I'm not sure) more buildings will join in.

There are another two buildings on the left which my camera could not capture, one has an array of search lights, and the other has a green laser.

Hope you guys enjoy it! (I also shot a video of it moving, off to see how it turned out now..)

-YC

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool YC! Thanks for snagging the shot and sharing! I hope these buildings aren't in any flight path!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good news is that the lights showed up in the video pretty good, the bad news is that I'm on dial-up and the file is 10 megs.

-YC

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would have looked awesome if you were coming in to land at the old airport. Looks like its right next to it (but then the skyline changes so fast, i could be mistaken)

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks cool. I hope you can add to that with the bulbs coming your way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wilkey

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
yclo said:
Before anyone moves this to a light related forum because of the title, please don't. The Cafe seems like the most appropriate forum for it, see picture below. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
That aside, the following photo was not altered in anyway other than some slight contrast adjustment.

fa401e9c.jpg

Bigger picture

Whoever organized this lightshow must be a flashaholic! All I know is that it began tonight (20th), there are periodic light shows where the lights + lasers (greenies!) move around and blink etc. Apparently later on (days/weeks I'm not sure) more buildings will join in.

There are another two buildings on the left which my camera could not capture, one has an array of search lights, and the other has a green laser.

Hope you guys enjoy it! (I also shot a video of it moving, off to see how it turned out now..)

-YC

[/ QUOTE ]
very cool i must ask what ya took it with.what kinda camera and what fstop and shutter speed did you ask if ya dont mind telliing me

yclo

Flashaholic*
The camera is a Canon Digital IXUS v3, this is the original picture straight from the camera:

fa3efe2a.jpg

Bigger picture

And after adjusting the contrast:

fa401e9c.jpg

Bigger picture

Here're the info I pulled from the jpeg:
Shutter: 1
Aperture: f/2.8
ISO: 50

(Note, this camera does not have a manually selectable aperture)

I am seriously considering a 300D + 50mm/f1.8 now, but there might be something new in Feburary by Canon and the D70 from Nikon. So the best thing to do now might be to wait.

Looking around for a tripod too, the photo above was taken holding the camera on a handrail..

-YC

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wow very good pics the one didnt show up. it apears they dont alow remote linking at image staion opps never mind i see link, but that photo is very impresive.good job i just started to get back into it again lately took some pics of are town square last night with the xmas lights but didnt come out so hot
wow i wish i could afford either of them camera thats amazeing specaily the iso rateing there able to do. plus slr abilities .and fast as hell response time pic

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
When my ship pulled into Hong Kong a number of years ago, I stood watch topside for 4 hours one night, keeping an eye out for badguys. The city is definitely very beautiful at night with the various lights. I recall vividly one building whose lights would change colors. It was pretty neat the way the entire building would cycle through a bunch of different colors over a course of time. Do you know which building that is or have you seen it (I'm sure you have)?

Mark

6pOriginal

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
zumlin said:
Was that the building on the far right with green lights?

[/ QUOTE ]

The colors of those lights on that building are constantly changing, never got up close to check out how they do it, but very interesting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could have been. It was pretty neat to watch.

Now that I think about it, it does look like that might have been the one.

Thanks.

Mark

6pOriginal

Enlightened
That's the one, I am 90%+ sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif (haven't gone back there for a few years)

There's also another building that will change colors on the radio/tv tower at the top of the building(or something else, don't really know why they put a big spike up there). But it only changes color like every 15mins or so.

darkgear.com

Enlightened
Downtown Disney's Pleasure Island in Florida attempts that every friday and saturday night.

Lights were moving so fast I couldn't capture it with my old camera. This is about half of the lights that were in the sky.

disney-lights.jpg

Hong Kong pic is far better but I got a taste of what it might be like. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best regards,
Randy