Jetbeam PA10

m0sfet

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Is this light regulated at all with standard aa battery?

I would appreciated it if someone would show me a link to the review/beamshot/runtime ...etc. Thanks.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Is this light regulated at all with standard aa battery?

I would appreciated it if someone would show me a link to the review/beamshot/runtime ...etc. Thanks.

Yes it is. I've done a run time graph of it and its pretty efficient. I'll dig up the link and repost. The only thing I did not like about the light was that memory did not work if you went to tactical mode (head tightened). Since the light has a forward momentary click switch.........what happens when you are in tactical mode is that un-beknownst is that each momentary press changes the memory mode for when you go back to "user defined mode" (head loosened) such that you have no idea what mode you will be in.

That really bugged me because I know its all software and it didn't need to behave that way. Who knows maybe they've fixed it. It's been over a year since I had one.

Other than that I think the light is pretty good for a single AA and the only way I'd get another one is if the price was real good.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here is a link to a couple of run time graphs (high and medium mode).

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?380017-Fenix-E12-run-time-graphs-compared-with-other-popular-lights

This was a thread comparing the Fenix E12, but since the PA10 was one of the most efficient lights I have ever tested, I included it. You can see that it was 3rd most efficient. The listing of lights in the graph is arranged from most efficient to least efficient. I will say, I've never owned a Zebralight but I think they are right near the top if not the most efficient.

As you can see the light is current regulated and holds a very steady output. On high the standard AA battery such as an alkaline will start out as regulated but will drop out sooner than the Eneloop battery. On medium the 2 will be closer to each other.

Last edited: