D25C Mode memory help?

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Hi guys I have a D25C with a XPG2 its the TI version (2014 limited edition) further modded by Vihn. (It awsome and while not a one off its not a commen light and I love it!)

Anyways onto the crux of the matter, I like the flashy modes, but I don't like having to cycle through them every few time's I turn it on, (Its mode is L/M/H*2 then flashys and with mode memory I often end up in the flashy modes.)

I read in the manual that you just turnnit on in Head tight mode, then lossen and tighten three times, however this dose not seem to be disabling memory mode anyone know how to fix this?

I have no problem doing the oppisit, (start in head losen and tightent and loosen three times to select how bright you want Low to be and rest of group one)

Any ideas?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the D25A so I can't help you with the memory mode, but the way to avoid the blinkies is to take advantage of the D25's incredibly short reset time (~0.6 secs) with a long half-press. So, use a short half-press to cycle brighter and long half-press to cycle dimmer every time and you will never hit the blinkies. This is equivalent to turning it off for a second and back on - the light will reset to low.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Ill give it a try, thanks reppans, anyone else know why I am haveing trouble disabling memory mode? (Shame they are not hidden and then accessed only when wanted =( )

Lord Muzzy

Newly Enlightened
I have the D25A so I can't help you with the memory mode, but the way to avoid the blinkies is to take advantage of the D25's incredibly short reset time (~0.6 secs) with a long half-press. So, use a short half-press to cycle brighter and long half-press to cycle dimmer every time and you will never hit the blinkies. This is equivalent to turning it off for a second and back on - the light will reset to low.

This doesn't work with my D25C Ti either for some reason, even if I switch it off and leave it 5 minutes it will still come back on in exactly the same place in the cycle so I have to keep going through the blinkies, which is annoying! :mad: Is this just the new 2014 models, does anyone have any other suggestions how to get round this??

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Yes the d25a can have a slow press to stop the cycle,on the d25c it does not work.

Only way really is head tight and click twice.........almost instant strobe,if its sos etc then quick cycle through head loose is all i know on this particular light.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
My apologies folks, I thought the short reset trick worked across the entire D25 line :(. Perhaps it has to do with why the C has the memory feature and the A does not?

ven

Flashaholic
My apologies folks, I thought the short reset trick worked across the entire D25 line :(. Perhaps it has to do with why the C has the memory feature and the A does not?

No apologies required:twothumbs,i did try mine a few weeks back expecting the same reppans, as after all they are the same,just different food.
Certainly worth a try,maybe its the mod,maybe standard are ok, i do know my d25a works as yours does.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
So there is no way to get rid of memory then? As that the only thing I hate, is cycling through all the bloody flashing modes just to go back to low! Grr!

Ah well...

gunga

Flashaholic
I don't have mine yet, but I have heard instructions on turning off memory.

Here ya go, from Eagletac:

Mode memory (D25C2 Clicky and D25C Clicky only) - remebers the last output in group 1. To toggle this setting, with head tighten, turn on the light, and repeat loose and tight for three times.

EDIT: Translation: turn on light with head tightened. Tighten and loosen 3 times to turn memory on and off. THis was on the previous models so I cannot guarrantee it applies to all generations.

Last edited:

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
I don't have mine yet, but I have heard instructions on turning off memory.

Here ya go, from Eagletac:

Mode memory (D25C2 Clicky and D25C Clicky only) - remebers the last output in group 1. To toggle this setting, with head tighten, turn on the light, and repeat loose and tight for three times.

EDIT: Translation: turn on light with head tightened. Tighten and loosen 3 times to turn memory on and off. THis was on the previous models so I cannot guarrantee it applies to all generations.

I have been trying that since I got it out this morning, same instructions in my manual! It dose not do anything though, the moonlight/low swap dose (its the same meathod but in reverse), Can I just ask is everyone unable to turn of Memoery or is it just me that cant? Can you test it on yours please?

Lord Muzzy

Newly Enlightened
So there is no way to get rid of memory then? As that the only thing I hate, is cycling through all the bloody flashing modes just to go back to low! Grr!

Ah well...

Might have sussed it... Turn on with head tight and loosen tighten 10 times (quickly) and the memory mode is off! Same thing to turn it back on again! :twothumbs

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Might have sussed it... Turn on with head tight and loosen tighten 10 times (quickly) and the memory mode is off! Same thing to turn it back on again! :twothumbs

HOLY **** Its worked! Vitual High five man!

How on earth did you work that out???? (why did you think to try that? Over anything else you could have tried?

Odd that the instructions are wrong then....at least people now can sort this out, make me wonder what else is in the UI though, wonder what happens if you do this but start head loose, Im a bit scared to try XD!

Cheers Bro! EagTac need to sort out there manual ASAP....

Amazing how such a simple fix makes the light go from OK and useable but anoying, to amazing, as It was my only bug and a rathe rbig bug with this light, its now perfect XD!)

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome mr muzzy:twothumbs when I tried it actually put memory on so how I like it:twothumbs

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
LOL ven, I hate the memory I don't mind it on constant modes its just I kept getting the flashys lol, so I dont actualy mind memoery, Id rather have memoery on but have the flashys as a hidden mode, but this solves the problem for me so I am happy days!

Lord Muzzy

Newly Enlightened
HOLY **** Its worked! Vitual High five man!

How on earth did you work that out???? (why did you think to try that? Over anything else you could have tried?

Odd that the instructions are wrong then....at least people now can sort this out, make me wonder what else is in the UI though, wonder what happens if you do this but start head loose, Im a bit scared to try XD!

Cheers Bro! EagTac need to sort out there manual ASAP....

Amazing how such a simple fix makes the light go from OK and useable but anoying, to amazing, as It was my only bug and a rathe rbig bug with this light, its now perfect XD!)

Lol, no worries mate, glad it helped! I was messing around with my D25C Ti after I read your post and seemed to remember something about head loosen/tighten 10 times so gave it a try and it worked. I then went and checked my D25C instructions to see if that's where I'd read it but mine said 3 times too?? :thinking:

I then read my eagletac TX25C2 instruction and that's where I'd seen the 10X thing... You have to do it ten times within 5 seconds to switch between tactical and regular mode and same again to disable the energy saving feature.

So basically I'd half remembered some instructions from another light... But if it works... It works! Who cares??!! :laughing:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have the early version of Vinh's D25C (Ti XPE2), and as far as I can tell, its only doing two modes...click for on/off on high, or, a half press for strobe...no lows or mediums, etc.

IE: Full clicks are on/off no matter what it was on last, and, a half press is always strobe....or strobe off. A full click from strobe = off, etc.

:D

It doesn't matter if I loosen/tighten 3 x or 10x, etc....its the same.

Lord Muzzy

Newly Enlightened
If you loosen head a quarter of a turn and leave it, don't you get different modes then??

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
^ ohh not good!

On the other hand mine now works like it should! Three twists and I can turn memory on or off??? Seems the 10x must have unlocked that feature or something, I wonder what happens if I twist it ten times again, or do it in head loose mode? Almost scared to try! But its working normally now! Whoop!

Teej - faulty driver? Many ask vihn if he can look at it?