• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS Mac's Customs "The Torch"

cooter10

Newly Enlightened
Up for sale is a rare Mac's Customs "The Torch"
Will include all the extras I have for this.
I have owned this light for a few years now with very little use. It's time to move it on to a true flashaholic.
In 2011 I sent this light to Luxluthor to have it checked over because it wouldn't turn on and I didn't want to mess anything up trying to figure out why. Turns out it was the battery holder. It had cracked and wasn't making contact. Lux had a few ideas and the best was to have a new one fabricated. Lux contacted MDOCOD and the two discussed ideas and he custom fabbed the new battery holder. It is a very nice robust piece and as you can see in the pics below…just awesome! Awesome is never cheap though, so that one set me back $130 in total. Once that was completed Lux looked over everything else and set me up with charging magnet leads and tested everything.
I charged it and used it one time since then. The batteries are dead now. The light does have some very minor scuffs but nothing very noticeable at all.
I am basing my price on what I have in it and its rare factor. I haven't been around for a while so I openly admit my ignorance on its actual value which makes it hard for me, but I have to stay in accordance to rule 3 on this board. Please feel free to flame via PM.
Included:
Light
Triton EQ Firefly charger (Like new condition)
Modified charging clamp
Magnetic charge leads
Dead Batteries…Bonus! Haha

ifwtau.jpg

fuw46e.jpg

n5oimp.jpg

35idj7a.jpg

2m3hhzr.jpg

$600
$20 Shipping and insurance CONUS

cooter10

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so not much interest. I'm going to hang on to this one for now. Leaving my number for future interest as I won't be checking in often.

8three2-4four3-00eight9

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Check in ever so often or this thread will be closed. This light has only been up for two days.

Bill

cooter10

Newly Enlightened
No problem. Just didn't want to leave anyone hanging and trying to stay compliant with board rules on that. This being a holiday weekend and me going on vacation, I did't want to just dissappear on anyone. We can close it for now. Thanks cpf

Matt

What makes this Mac's Torch extra special is the relatively rare engraved tailcap. Later versions were sterile. I love The Torch and would have a hard time letting mine go. I think I saw a WTB for one here recently. Good luck with the sale.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes sir, it was i who posted the wtb for one.

Looks like this one is a bit out of reach for me. Oh well, the search goes on.
Thanks for posting it though.
If one day you decide to just sell the light and bad batts i will be interested depending on price.
Although if a trade for a 75w barnburner with bad batts has any interest for you, drop me a pm or see my WTT thread for more info. I would trade all for all, a project for a project.

Thanks, :thumbsup:

Last edited:

fredx

Newly Enlightened
hron61

Thought you just recently picked one up?

You wanting another one??

addictedmatt

Enlightened
That's not a torch. It's led. Completely different light. We also shouldn't be cluttering cooter10's sale thread. Sorry cooter.

Last edited:

cooter10

Newly Enlightened
No problem with me. Had a minute to check in and surprised to see some action on it. Maybe my price is off base...like I said, I have no clue. Feel free to contact. Thanks

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Accepting offers is not permitted in sales threads. Your prior post is good enough. Members can PM you.

Bill