New Rayovac flashlight?

woolfam

Newly Enlightened
Wal-Mart today put out a new (at least new to me) Rayovac flashlight called a Roughneck. It is a 4AA light and comes with a Leatherman-type tool that fits inside the barrel (unscrew the tailcap to get to it). Kinda cool idea! I cannot find a pic in the net anywhere.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to me that the "secret" compartment in the base of the light would be handy for other things like hiding some valuables that you want to keep in your luggage or in a hotel room.

hideo

Enlightened
don't know about using it as what the kids call a "stash" (hmmmm ... that's what we used to call it--probably something totally different by now)

better suited for the ultramicro survival kit ... you kow, dental floss, P-38, several kinds of tape wound small, curved scalpel blade, magnesium tinder ... that kind of thing.

Or just 4AA spares and an overdriven krypton bulb

hideo

hideo

Enlightened
choua--

absolutely ... keep it in close to home because this type of hi-tech is quite menacing in our present political atmosphere ....

anyone been looking at all the knives, nail clippers and other lethal items that have been liquidated by airport earches on eBay?

best,

hideo