EagleTac SX25L2 switch problems? on 2 out of 3 flashlights so far

choclabs

Newly Enlightened
I bought 3 of these lights as holiday gifts. One of the three was sent to my son in law for use as a police duty light. My other son in law contacted me about his light no longer working. We sent it back to the reseller and then I assume ET sent it back to China? After 3 months it returned to him last week. I am awaiting a report on the functionality post service work. This week my light has gone into not working mode and today I contacted the reseller for yet another RMA. I will be returning mine for repair and or replacement.

I have searched this forum and the internet for smiliarities and have come up with little specific information. One of the posts on this forum suggested that I look at the 3 pins which protrude from the base of the head (2 silver color & 1 goldish color) One of the silver pins is not as high as the other 2 and all 3 do allow to be oushed in then they spring back, again one of the silver colored only about 3/4 of the full height.

My retailer did admit to "some" returns. Obviously a police officer may at some time put his life on the line while depending on this tool. Any other owners having similar issue? I'm not getting a sense of durability with their side on/of switch and rotation of the head for illumination output levels.

Any other troubleshooting suggestion specific to this EagleTac model are appreciated. Yes I have read the troubleshooting sticky. EagleTac has a very feature rich model here, plug in charging of battery, regular and turbo heads and bright output, not so much dependability as far as my experience shows with this switch design.

Thanks!

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sorry to hear about your misfortunes with the SX25L2. I have been using mine for police work for approx. a year with no issues whatsoever. I have never even taken it apart to clean it or anything yet. Everything still works great for me including the mode switching. In all fairness, I rarely use any modes other than max with the head tight but I do from time to time. I have a smaller light on my duty belt and keep the SX25L2 in my patrol bag for traffic stops and various other tasks when I want better throw and output. Hopefully your lights will perform better after getting them back.