Lights for promo/website pics

sortafast

Enlightened
So my company is launching a line of light mounts for various weapon platforms and I need some ideas on what lights to try and get to put in the mounts for the pics. Right now, my personal selection of lights for this application is meager. I have some SF M951's and an M600 but the mounts use 1" rings (mounts for the M95x and Scout lights are in the works but not ready for day light yet). I do have a fairly new SF G2X Tactical, but I kind of want to put some nicer lights in there for the pics. I want to stick with US made lights, no chinese stuff. Any thoughts on what I should run or try to get my hands on for this?

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of people run the G2X as a weapon light so having it in some photos isn't a bad idea. The SureFire P2X Fury is fairly popular as well.

Malkoff and Elzetta are two good choices as well as custom P60 bodied lights from OVEREADY.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
By not allowing Chinese lights your choice has just hit the floor.Some of the best lights are made in China no matter whether the owners are US&A or otherwise.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
By not allowing Chinese lights your choice has just hit the floor.Some of the best lights are made in China no matter whether the owners are US&A or otherwise.

There is no need to turn this into a US vs. Chinese debate. I'm sure the OP understands his target demographic and has made a business decision to go with US-made products for a reason. Perhaps his product is US made and he wants to promote that fact and feels that using Chinese lights for promotional photos would send a mixed (or wrong) message to his potential customers.

sortafast

Enlightened
The main reason is that everything we do is make is done in the US, with most all of the outsourced machining and finishing is done with local shops. Even the raw materials are made by American Companies in America. The only issue I am having is tracking US made screws for this, but that will change once stuff is up and running and we can afford to do a large run of screws from a US vendor. It will be quite nice actually and not terribly far out. But really it boils down to 2 things with wanting a US made light. #1 I like things made here and I want to try to support those companies that do and #2 I am not at all impressed with the know chinese lights that I own or have messed with. I am much happier with the SF stuff. I could go on and on about domestic production and offshoring our manufacturing but suffice it to say we are very much Pro US MFG and we want to try to show that the best we can.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no need to turn this into a US vs. Chinese debate. I'm sure the OP understands his target demographic and has made a business decision to go with US-made products for a reason. Perhaps his product is US made and he wants to promote that fact and feels that using Chinese lights for promotional photos would send a mixed (or wrong) message to his potential customers.

I was not even trying to turn it into a US&A v China debate but merely pointing something out to aid his search,sorry if it annoys you.:rolleyes:

The main reason is that everything we do is make is done in the US, with most all of the outsourced machining and finishing is done with local shops. Even the raw materials are made by American Companies in America. The only issue I am having is tracking US made screws for this, but that will change once stuff is up and running and we can afford to do a large run of screws from a US vendor. It will be quite nice actually and not terribly far out. But really it boils down to 2 things with wanting a US made light. #1 I like things made here and I want to try to support those companies that do and #2 I am not at all impressed with the know chinese lights that I own or have messed with. I am much happier with the SF stuff. I could go on and on about domestic production and offshoring our manufacturing but suffice it to say we are very much Pro US MFG and we want to try to show that the best we can.

Thank you for your explanation and good luck in your venture.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Elzetta, Malkoff, SF, Streamlight, Pelican...etc.

Customs such as Overready, etc.

:D

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone will expect to see a nice Surefire, but why not mix it up and put in a high quality custom light to appeal to those who are "not wanting to be limited by convention". Some excellent examples have already been named. Elzetta, Malkoff and Oveready make some solid products.

sortafast

Enlightened
Everyone will expect to see a nice Surefire, but why not mix it up and put in a high quality custom light to appeal to those who are "not wanting to be limited by convention". Some excellent examples have already been named. Elzetta, Malkoff and Oveready make some solid products.
Thats one of my thoughts. I am thinking about doing a custom Moddoolar light from Overready and have been talking to Dan about that. Got side tracked with some other crap and need to get back on it. Would be really cool to have something no one else (other than the fine folks on here) know about. Would be fun. Only downer is that custom lights cost a lot and my company ain't exactly rollin' in the cash for this sort of thing at this point unfortunately. Will have to do much pondering on it or sell off some personal assets to make it happen. Might have to make my own head for it or something. Which could be pretty sweet. Will have to see what I can make happen.