Cree's 4-die XM-L2 in flashlights ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cree's XM-L2

This is the second generation of the quad die XM-L easywhite. There is no real advantage over the regular XM-L2 for flashlight use. IIRC, it uses 4 x ~1mm^2 dice with a gap in between as opposed to a ~4mm^2 single die so has less throw capability. This can be advantageous for flood lighting, as there are different voltage options making it easier to drive.
The MK-R is more interesting IMO.

Kestrel

Flashaholic

I've renamed this thread twice, once for the XP-L cited in post #1, then again for the 4-die XM-L2 in the OP's second post in the thread, now I'm confused since you're citing the XP-L again in post #4. :confused:

Stephen7372

Newly Enlightened

I've renamed this thread twice, once for the XP-L cited in post #1, then again for the 4-die XM-L2 in the OP's second post in the thread, now I'm confused since you're citing the XP-L again in post #4. :confused:

YEah sorry I'm a bit clueless, can't keep up, just looking forward to some some brighy led torches/flashlights.

delete it if you like.

Kestrel

Flashaholic

YEah sorry I'm a bit clueless, can't keep up, just looking forward to some some brighy led torches/flashlights.

delete it if you like.
No worries, I'm going to close this thread but please feel free to open a new one related to LED flashlights utilizing one of these new Cree's if you would like.
Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.