Just bought a Black Skyray King 7 x XM-L2 Cool White 5 mode version.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a Black Skyray King 7 x XM-L2 Cool White 5 mode version on Fleabay.

Most members would probably know by now that Skyray Kings are made by heaps of different manufacturers and the quality and performance is a lucky dip.

I will add pictures soon as I only received it in the mail an hour ago.

The light is of good quality, as good as my older Skyray King lights with 3 x XM-L leds and 3 modes.

This model adds a middle light level and an SOS mode.

The low is not as low as the original Skyray Kings.

The new thing is that SOS and Strobe can be accessed from off by holding the on/off button down for about 1 to 2 seconds.

The beam looks a little wider than the older models and slightly down in output when doing a ceiling bounce test.

The beam tint is a nice white one with no odd colours like green (YUCK) or yellow.

CHEERS

Last edited:

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
Congrats.

I have a 3 LED black SRK and a identical but gold finish Securitying, bought recently and both are 5 mode like yours. Both from Amazon sellers and the machining is identical on both. They definitely look like out of the same factory. Only visible difference is the revision marking on the battery contact boards in the light heads. The one I am awaiting though is a 6 LED version from Richard at Mountain Electronics. He has modified it to include increased output with automatic timed step down from Turbo mode, seven operating modes and battery protection from over discharge. Also copper braided battery springs and some other internal improvements. He offered 4 of these at a very special price due to having supplier difficulties for getting more apparently. I also have two modified SupFire M6 units coming from the same source, one minor hopped up and the other a mind blower.

Last edited: