Another new AAA owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Goose

Hello everyone! This is my first time here. I recently received my turquoise AAA put it to the test for the past couple of weeks. I give this light two big thumbs up!

I was not prepared to expect this much illumination from such a small light. The first night, I went into the darkened bedroom and turned it on. Holy ceeerap!

I began "trying" to use up some worn out batteries from the junk drawer to check out the moon mode. Well, still no moon mode, even after checking the batteries in a 2AAA maglight (very dim).

I will admit that I was skeptical at first about led's. I was a crewmember on rescue helicopter for several years and we used all the neat toys available at the time (NVG's, FLIR, led lip lights) on operations such as SAR and LE. The lip lights that we used were very dim and still had three bulbs and were powered by 2 AA's. But just enough illumination to read the instruments in the cockpit when using the NVG's.

I picked the turquoise for this reason; I wanted to keep my night vision when stumbling around the house at 4 a.m. trying to get ready for work. Maybe it's just that I am not a morning person and cannot handle any bright kitchen lights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, my AAA is residing on a neck chain with my TOPS ALRT and is seeing a lot of use. I have been reading the posts here for a short while and I am wondering if the turquoise AAA is being discontinued. I hope to get another one eventually. Then after that, a white one. Then maybe a UV. OK, then an LS........... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I forgot about that mulit-colored one that flashes too!

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad to hear you like the turqoise so much. How is the beam shape? is it nice and round? I'm debating whether to try and get a turqoise AAA or a white AA.

G

Goose

Hi Carl! Actually, the Arc experts in this forum could give you better advice than me, since this is my first real led light. Personally, the beam shape is very wide and solid.

In fact, I am now thinking about getting the white AA! Maybe some of the others here can help us decide.

Spade

Newly Enlightened
Glad that you like your new light, Goose. I have an AAA Premium and an AA. Both are very impressive little lights. When you get your LS, you won't believe all that light is coming from a single LED.

Status
Not open for further replies.