Anyone looking forward to the Armytek Grizzly?

BloodLust

Enlightened
Looks like a solid thrower with a smooth reflector and MT-G2 at 2700 lumens.
No measurement specs yet. Interested in the bezel diameter.
I'm curious to how it will perform stock and send it to Vinh for an upgrade.
2x 18650 is as large as I want to go in a light especially since I only have an XTAR VP2 for a charger and such a light won't be seeing much use.

www.armytek.com/images/detailed/1/grizzly1379675764523c2e7497077.jpg

www.armytek.com/products/flashlight...rmytek-grizzly-mkr-variable-bezel-colors.html

Last edited:

photonmaster

Banned
Very interested. I just wish Armytek would hurry up and give us a solid release date!

KeeblerElf

Enlightened
Does the website not say Q2? that would mean in the next month right?

I think the issue is that, not long ago, the site said Q1. In general, QX estimates tend not to be too reliable - especially if they aren't changed to a more concrete date during the Xth quarter. In other words, if the manufacturer can't narrow down the release date by more than a few months, then the release date probably isn't very close. Just my interpretation of things.

Rifter

Enlightened
I think the issue is that, not long ago, the site said Q1. In general, QX estimates tend not to be too reliable - especially if they aren't changed to a more concrete date during the Xth quarter. In other words, if the manufacturer can't narrow down the release date by more than a few months, then the release date probably isn't very close. Just my interpretation of things.

hmmm, just got back into flashlights so I am unsure of this companies reliability, all I can say is I hope the Q2 release time sticks! lol

BloodLust

Enlightened
One of the reasons, I believe is that just before they were able to release the Grizzly, the new MT-G2 arrived.
Initial announcement of this model stated a different emmiter and was only at 1800 lumens.
They could have replaced the emmiters on the lights that were already ready to ship which would take time.

BloodLust

Enlightened
If I'm not mistaken, I goggle translated a European flashlight forum and they computed the candelas.
It stated around 120kcd but I'm not sure if that was for the old 1800 lumen specs or the new 2800 lumens with the MT-G2.
I would assume it was based on the older specs. With the 2800 lumen MT-G2, I would like a Grizzlyvn please!

photonmaster

Banned
Come on Armytek! You are turning into Surefire with the promises you don't deliver on!

I would rather hear nothing about a light if you are not going to make it.

Why put it on your website for a year and not actually make the thing? Anyone can just design a light in theory.

Very poor show.

:thumbsdow

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
I'm also waiting for this light. It was Q1 2014 awhile back now Q2.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try to avoid looking forward to lights by Surefire, Zebralight, or Armytek. Like the V2 Partner that they've been promising for the past year.

SoundWorx

Newly Enlightened
Well here it is just about q2 of 2015 and no grizzly yet. Anyone know anything about it?

Phry

Banned
This may never happen. Or when it does, at this rate it will be out of date before it exists.