Help! Bought Zebralight 602 - Battery too thick!

djmm

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Zebralight 602 and also bought an XTAR 18650 3400 MaH one and it didn't fit into the 602's tube. I could force it down to fit, but I am sure if I did that, I won't be able to pull out the battery anymore.

Which battery do you recommend to go with Zebralight 602 and do you guys have this battery thickness problem with your Zebralight as well? Thanks.:fail:

djmm

Newly Enlightened
Woot! Problem solved! I removed the sticker on the battery and rub it with alcohol to make sure no residual glue left and now it fits just fine!

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
Not a Zebralight owner but I have run into related problems with the battery carriers in two other flashlight brands. On one the battery carrier is too short internally for many protected 18650 batteries to fit and on the other the carrier with many brands of 18650 batteries is too large in diameter to fit into the light body. IMO the light body is just a bit too small in inside diameter. Both are IMO DUMB problems as any manufacturer should make sure that his lights can accept at least 98% of the batteries on the market of the nominal size his light is supposedly designed for and preferably 100%. I suspect that part of the problem is that there are apparently no ANSI or ISO dimensional standards for protected lithium ion batteries. Such standards are needed IMO.