Wrist lamp?

Wozzer73

Newly Enlightened
Ok not exactly a headlamp - I already have one I love. But when working on cars / bikes I've found the headlamp doesn't always cut it to aim directly at what I need to see. Does anyone know of a good quality LED / CR123A powered "wrist" lamp or other appropriate illuminator I could have attached to my wrist/forearm that would help me out in those nooks and crannies? Cheers!

Ishango

Enlightened
Like KJ2 said, the only known to me wristlight is the Surefire 2211. It looks great and I really fancy it, but I personally think it is too expensive, I can buy multiple custom lights for that price. Some manufacturer should make a similar version :) You could try to see if you could find a very small sized headband or wristband with a headband attachment. The Zebralight headband for instance coupled with a SC52 might work, although your hand might block part of the beam, since it is not elevated.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Petzl Zipka. The retractable headband is perfect for going around wrists.

ETA--just looked up the 2211. Are you *kidding* me? $500.00 US dollars for that?

You can buy roughly 20 Petzl zipkas for that much money, and each will do just as good of a job.

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
As i serve the automotive industry with Led lights the demand for such a light i see as near on zero and with today's modern vehicles many mechanics can only just about get a tool on the job without a wrist light causing more of a hindrance than an aid.

If you find one post some pics up and i will suggest to our H/O they evaluate the idea of out soucing a quantity to bring to market as in the motor cycle repair trade and commercial work shops i see a window of opportunity.

cistallus

Enlightened
I think I remember seeing that some Four Sevens lights used to come with holders for the lights that were basically straps around the palm and back of the hand so would hold the light to point wherever your hand was pointing. Just looked at their web site, it's changed, don't know if they still do this.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Zebralights with the flexible silicon holders work as a wrist light too. Just used a velcro loop to make the two ends meet. All I can say about why the wrist light concept hasn't really taken off, shadow puppets.

Gin & Tonic

Newly Enlightened
The Spark SG3 uses a CR123 and comes with a velcro strap that allows it to be worn as a wrist light.

royi kien

Newly Enlightened
The Spark SG3 uses a CR123 and comes with a velcro strap that allows it to be worn as a wrist light.

I just bought a Spark SG3 ,it's a useful light.
756323262521797263.jpg

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a wrist light. but you might check out the "Mechanix the original glove light".

teoman

Newly Enlightened
Check out "goodman handle" for diving lights.

When diving i often carry the light with a goodman handle on top of my hand (almost wrist). It saves your hand to grab on to things and fiddle with the equipment.

This is particularly beneficial because if you were to have the lights on top of your head, they illuminate too much of the little particles in the water (which are right in front of your eyes) and it becomes annoying.

ThreeStripes

Newly Enlightened
Never knew these things existed. I can't see them being better than headlamps in most case scenarios. Kind of awkard and unnatural I'd imagine but then again I haven't used a wrist lamp yet.

renagade69

Newly Enlightened
They make allot of wrist strap underwater diving lights. Great for that purpose.