Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Newer Streamlight Polytac / Polytac HP 275 lumens and TL-2 X regulation ??

Default Newer Streamlight Polytac / Polytac HP 275 lumens and TL-2 X regulation ??

I was wondering if any has the new 275 lumens STREAMLIGHT POLYTAC or the TL-2 X rated for 200 lumens ?!
    Streamlight claims 3 hrs runtime for the first one and 2.5hr for the TL-2 X model .
    I am tempted to buy at least one but I have no ideea about regulation with CR123s, probably the lights won't accept 17670 cells inside.
    At least my old POLYTAC 130-lumens didn't.

Any ideea what emitter they have inside ? The throw is rated for 9,500lux and 11,000 lux, pretty good for a small compact light ! XP-E2 ? XP-G2 ?
    The old 130 lumens version had a XR-E and its throw was 5,200 lux.
    So newer version seems to be a huge improvement, double the brightness and double the throw.

Any input would be appreciated. Or if somebody could point a link with the back of the original packaging ... STREAMLIGHT has a runtime graphic shown there.

Default Re: Newer Streamlight Polytac / Polytac HP 275 lumens and TL-2 X regulation ??

I feel like those are a better value than a SUREFIRE G2X PRO - rated for 320 lumens - , advertised to run 2.5hrs but which actually is running 1.5hrs in regulation. I don't want to turn this thread into a G2X vs POLYTAC one though !

Default Re: Newer Streamlight Polytac / Polytac HP 275 lumens and TL-2 X regulation ??

For the TL-2 X, the graph on my package is the same as can be seen here.

Shows straight decline from 200L to 185L at 1.75hrs.
    Then swift concave curved decline to 20L at 2.5hrs.

Mine are fairly old and look like XPE to me.
    Main problem I had was off-centered emitters: purchased 6 and sent 3 back.
    (First and only time I've ever returned lights.)

Thanks a lot for the link. Regulation is perfect for at almost 2hrs. Funny thing is that for Streamlight 5.65 inches is 13.3cm )

Quote Originally Posted by wrf View Post
    Main problem I had was off-centered emitters: purchased 6 and sent 3 back.
    (First and only time I've ever returned lights.)
    That's terrible, the TL-2 X is "Assembled In The USA", I thought it was only their "Made In China" models that had such awful quality control. I'm seriously considering not buying any more Streamlights after all the issues I've had with mine.

What issues did you have with yours ? Is it about a TL-2 X model ? I have only had 3 STREAMLIGHTs so far : 2 x MICROSTREAM, 20 and 28 lumens version and a PROTAC EMS, all worked flawlessly. Well PROTAC started to have a bit of flickering when it was turned on, not too bad though, not too irritating. I am considering buying a TL-2 X - found it for about 60$ shipped to Canada ... cheapest one I could found - Probably there are gonna be people to tell me that for this money I can get better flashlights ... no doubt.
    My NITECORE MT21a with XP-E2 emitter is putting 40% more lumens while the runtime is roughly the same while the throw also about the same. Plus it's using 2 x ENELOOPS, it has TYPE III ano and it costs half. Maybe it's not worth getting a TL-2 X but I definetely want to try one of their new POLYTACs. The regular version has glass lens while the throwy HP has plastic one, like G2X/6PX SUREFIREs

That's terrible, the TL-2 X is "Assembled In The USA", I thought it was only their "Made In China" models that had such awful quality control. I'm seriously considering not buying any more Streamlights after all the issues I've had with mine