Where does Armytek ship from??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifter

Enlightened
Just wondering cause I placed an order last week(wed)paid for fedex/DHL shipping and it has yet to arrive which is strange as there is no where in Canada that's more than 2 days from me via fedex. I specifically chose them to order from because they are a Canadian Manufacturer according to their own official website, they state Canadian manufacturer with own factory using US and Japanese component's. Below quote is direct from website:

"So what distinguishes us from other companies?

• Canadian manufacturer and own factory.
• Designed especially for your needs.
• The team of scientists and engineers engaged in military and space industry.
• The best and tried-and-true components by USA and Japan.
• Particular attention to durability and technologies, not only to external design."

I have since seen posts that they are really a Chinese company, which I hope is false and would be very disappointing if true, if I end up paying customs/duty on the shipment I will refuse package and just place a order with PEAKLED, only reason I didn't buy another peak to start with was I was trying to avoid customs/duty charges.

Anyone who has ordered from Armytek please let me know where your shipment shipped from, thanks.

Nice65

Newly Enlightened
Like many, the production is in China and will ship from there.

Rifter

Enlightened
ok 10-4 guys, so the "Canadian manufacturer and own factory" on the website is complete BS?

Or do they manufacture some of the parts here and just ship them to china for final assembly?

Rifter

Enlightened
Well I don't know if they read the forum or if this is a coincidence but I just got an email from them saying they are behind in shipping and they will ship my light out tomorrow and send me a tracking number then. I will advise tomorrow when I get the tracking # as to where it is shipping from.

mkphc

Newly Enlightened
I was mistaken when I ordered, it took almost 3 weeks, and I was upset because I felt I was misled that it was shipping the next day, and that I thought I was going to receive it within one week
be prepared to wait
they ship from china

Rifter

Enlightened
I was mistaken when I ordered, it took almost 3 weeks, and I was upset because I felt I was misled that it was shipping the next day, and that I thought I was going to receive it within one week
be prepared to wait
they ship from china

good to know that if I ever order from them again that paying for fast shipping is a waste of money. I hate companies that offer next day shipping but have a 1-2 week "processing" delay, I mean seriously whats the point of that?

Rifter

Enlightened
Shipped from Foshan China!

Unsure if i owe duty/taxes i am about to leave my house for the local fedex depot to pick it up.

Rifter

Enlightened
Had to pay 18.10 in duty, I am pissed off, I have an invoice saying I paid a Canadian company with a Canadian address on it but somehow was still charged duty to import the light.

Not only that but at $18.10 in duty for a $46 light that increases the cost 40%! That's just insane.

Next time I guess ill have to do more research as obviously people are allowed to post complete outright lies on their webistes, I thought we had false advertising laws for a reason to stop things like this, apparently not.

On the bright side it seems like a well built light, quality is up there for sure, I would even go as far so say the initial quality is up there with peak LED and surefire, of course only time will tell how it hold up over years of use.

Im just very disappointed in Armytek for posting outright lies on there website, there is NOTHING Canadian about this company at all, except a obviously false address on the invoice.

here is a street view of that address, Canadian manufacture my *** they aint manufacturing anything in here:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.9286...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sax4O4ReBHzWZGhI3y08g0A!2e0

LGT

Enlightened
All of my four lights have been sent from China. No complaints about three out of the four. And it really doesn't matter where they came from. But I think the only thing Canadian about armytek is the maple leaf flag on their home page.

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
In addition to apparently lying about the company origin and where items are manufactured Armytek also uses emitter lumens in much of their literature and advertising rather than Out The Front tested Lumens as per ANSI flashlight specifications. In my view this places them in the same category as the overseas companies that claim absolutely ridiculous Lumens output for their lights and claim 5000 or more mAh energy for their 18650 batteries. I emailed Armytek today and told them that they would NEVER have me as a customer with their lying advertising. Go thou and do likewise.

The only thing Canadian about Armytek may be their ownership or where they are incorporated. After all Delaware and Nevada are favorite incorporation states for corporations in the USA and their only presence in those states may be the lawyer who was paid to file the paperwork.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is disappointing that their advertising is false. A lot of companies like to lie about their products which is sad. Human greed is the source I believe. :sigh:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of you guys don't seem to understand how advertising works. Using vague terms that COULD be misunderstood is admittedly not ideal, but it isn't criminal. If it was, there isn't a company in the world that wouldn't run afoul of that law sooner or later.

If you bothered to spend any time at all doing research, you could find the "About Armytek" page. In it, they freely acknowledge that all the actual manufacturing is done in one building in China. No lying there...

They do use US parts, for sure - Cree is a US based company. So this isn't a lie either...I'm sure you could source a Japanese component too, with a little effort.

The president at Armytek is Olga Khanoutin...she is based in Toronto, Canada. Not just a lawyer...

If they didn't specify LED lumens, you might have an argument. But they do clearly state that, in all the cases I have seen. It isn't lying or exaggerating if they tell you exactly how they measure it. Would I prefer ANSI OTF? Definitely...but it isn't lying...

You get the point. I don't like the marketing-speak, either. But saying that they are liars, and/or boycotting them just because they call themselves a Canadian manufacturer (they are based in Canada, and they do manufacture goods) is just a LITTLE over the top. If you feel that strongly about it, better do your research before you buy.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Its certainly misleading to the extent that one has to read between the lines so much just to find the slightest Canadian association.

To me if a light ships from a particular country, then that counts as its main country of origin.

The exact same argument applies to Zebralight too, who claim to be an "American company", yet the lights are manufactured and ship out of China.

The misleading is quite deliberate because Armytek and Zebralight know only too well how much store Americans (and Canadians) place in supporting their own economies and not supporting a burgeoning rival economy that poses a very real threat to the future success of the economies in their countries.

Mmassey338

Newly Enlightened
I also ordered a light thinking it was Canadian, then found out it's Chinese. It seems to be a very good light, but I don't like being misled.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should be asking for the duty back as you have been scammed unless the small print says otherwise.I would check with your counties law as many of these makers try it on and get away with it often.

Charles L.

Enlightened
Its certainly misleading to the extent that one has to read between the lines so much just to find the slightest Canadian association.

The misleading is quite deliberate because Armytek and Zebralight know only too well how much store Americans (and Canadians) place in supporting their own economies and not supporting a burgeoning rival economy that poses a very real threat to the future success of the economies in their countries.

Agreed. I own both and like both, but that aspect of their marketing pisses me off. In fact it's the main reason I asked for recommendations in a "First Surefire" thread in the Recommend a Light forum.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't Microsoft, Dell, and many others start out in their garage? And today those companies proudly call themselves American but their products are made in China and other low-cost countries. Apple products, I heard, are made in China now. Americans are buying them like crazy. These are the industries that put American workers out of work. I am more angry at companies that began manufacturing in America, then fired their workers and moved overseas for cheaper labor. Most flashlight companies never hired locals in the first place.

Your anger is being misplaced. Be angry at those who support NAFTA and free trades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.