outpatient hip WOW

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm here every day but seldom post as of late. One of the 'old timers, second wave'

I had my right hip replaced today. Two hours out and now I'm at home. And mobile, sort of. The fact it was outpatient just floored me and my family/friends.

So for my recovery I'm going to surf here more and stoke my acquisition disorder.

Four weeks they do hip #2. I got slammed by arthritis. I'm only 53 after all.

I arrived here when the Arc LS started and Luxeons were cat pee green most of the time, the golden age! :D

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear! I'm going to be 50 this year and need one done, old motorcycle injury most likely. Probably scheduling for next October.
Outpatient.... I'm surprised. Where are you located?

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Indianapolis Indiana. The St. Francis hip and knee center is the location.

The implant looked like stainless on the table. The company I work for alters/repairs surgeon tools so I was nosing around. I have a titanium plate in my left humerus. Hence the sling on my avatar. :D

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outpatient wow! I'm 54 and just had a total knee replacement I spent two days in the hospital and was walking hours after surgery. I got here just before you and yes the arc LS and pee green luxeons were the norm except for the ones Mr Bulk put in his builds:D
Chris

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Good to hear that it went so well. I'm thinking that I'll need some knee work soon. It takes longer to recover from knee surgery than it does to recover from hip replacement!

I'm also a 2002 era guy, and I used my ARC LSP (with two stage switch mod) just last night. Perfect for peering into a dark suitcase. Wifey paid for the premium model. No pee green here!

Dan