Photos: My Fenix PD22 G2 got wet inside so I took it apart to dry it out.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Accidentally left my Fenix PD22 in my pants pocket and ran it though the washer. Found it before it went into the dryer, but it had standing water inside the lens. I was a little disappointed that it got so wet inside as it's not the first time I ran a flashlight though the washer, including a Fenix LD12 and no other flashlight ever got water in it like that.

Anyway I was able carefully heat it up to break the loctite so I could take it apart. When I went to unscrew the reflector/heat sink I thought it seemed a bit loose. Maybe that is why water was able to enter the flashlight like it did. Anyway I got it all dried out with some air and put it all back together.

Well it still worked when there was a small pool of water inside the reflector I feel a lot better about using it now. :)

Took a few crappy cell phone photos of it apart to share.

1_07_06_14_8_10_48.jpeg

1_07_06_14_8_11_00.jpeg

1_07_06_14_8_11_09.jpeg

1_07_06_14_8_11_18.jpeg

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job getting the water out! I'm surprised that any water got in to begin with like you said. So far I've been lucky and haven't put any of my lights in the laundry. Thanks for the pictures too!

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
That washer must have serious cleaning power.:) I took my PD20 once in a pool and left it for about an hour with friends while they played with it and tossed it about, much of its time there spent sitting 8 feet deep but when I got home no trace of water inside.

Joeymt3

Enlightened
uhe6e7y8.jpg

Keep the clip inline with the button. I really like this method. I always find the button quickly. I use this method on my PD32, PD35, PD22, and PD12

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do the same thing. Finding the button has never been easier as a result.

I love the Fenix lights that are constructed like this, and I'm glad to know that they might survive a leak if the seals fail.