Output of my E2L Outdoorsman?

RPC

Newly Enlightened
I bought a used E2L Outdoorsman (2x123) on the CPF Marketplace about a year ago and have grown to love it. I want to buy more Surefires, making decisions of a new light as compared to this one. One problem is I'm not sure what the output if the light is (lumens). Head is KX2 and has "B39377" etched on it.

How can I find out what the output of my light is? Surefire's site says "IMPROVED — Now with 125 lumens max output" so I assume there are variations of the E2L.

Thanks.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The '60 lumen' version has been measured a few times at a roughly 15 and 115 genuine OTF lumens. Surefire have since updated their claimed outputs to be much closer to reality, so an improved 125 lumen version is probably only a very small incremental improvement, I assume it must still use an XR-E so an R2 is still the highest bin available AFAIK.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The latest version uses an Osram Oslon square emitter which is similar in output to the Cree XP-G2.

RPC

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Robert.

What lead you to that? That the head is KX2 or that other number beginning with B? What is that other number anyway? Part number? Serial number?

The '60 lumen' version has been measured a few times at a roughly 15 and 115 genuine OTF lumens. Surefire have since updated their claimed outputs to be much closer to reality, so an improved 125 lumen version is probably only a very small incremental improvement, I assume it must still use an XR-E so an R2 is still the highest bin available AFAIK.

And thanks for this, UK. When I read 3/60 lumens I thought there must be some mistake because mine seems significantly brighter than 60 lumens.

Last question- It seems like the majority of light makers offer a warm/neutral tint, a cool tint, etc. for many if their models. Am I missing something or does SF only have one tint per model?

archimedes

Flashaholic
....that other number beginning with B? What is that other number anyway? ... Serial number?

Yes, that's the serial number.

....Last question- It seems like the majority of light makers offer a warm/neutral tint, a cool tint, etc. for many if their models. Am I missing something or does SF only have one tint per model?

Yes, SF does not generally specify a particular tint.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two of Surefire's headlamps have a warm white led. The minimus vision and the maximus vision. Other than that, they don't offer a warm led option.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, the E2L 60/3 lumen version does pump out more light than it claims!

Definitely. My E2L claimed as 60lm in the manual and 45lm on the package is brighter than my E2L AA(and E1L claimed as 45lm). If these two lights put out 80lm my E2L is around 100lm.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Runtime graph E2L Outdoorsman Keeppower 16650

So, a few years after I got E2L Outdoorsman I did a runtime test again. This time with Keeppower 16650 2500mAh cell. The cell was charged some month ago.
I find 16650 to be a great model because it fits in every 2xCR123 light I have tried which does not take 18650. And I became very glad over the good result. I have not used my E2L very much though I like it but now it definitely will be used much more. The brightness is exactly the same (~100lm) as when runned by 2CR123. I didn't want to run the cell too low so therefore I stopped when the brightness was 50% of initial. Then I was a bit surprised the voltage was still as high as 3,6V directly after the test.
I don't need to tell anything more, the graph says it all, I think.

Last edited:

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Runtime graph E2L Outdoorsman Keeppower 16650

So, a few years after I got E2L Outdoorsman I did a runtime test again. This time with Keeppower 16650 2500mAh cell. The cell was charged some month ago.
I find 16650 to be a great model because it fits in every 2xCR123 light I have tried which does not take 18650. And I became very glad over the good result. I have not used my E2L very much though I like it but now it definitely will be used much more. The brightness is exactly the same (~100lm) as when runned by 2CR123. I didn't want to run the cell too low so therefore I stopped when the brightness was 50% of initial. Then I was a bit surprised the voltage was still as high as 3,6V directly after the test.
I don't need to tell anything more, the graph says it all, I think.

My 16650 cells are my favorite too, Swedpat.
I wonder how the newest E2L-a does with the 16650s.

I use mine in my LX2, C2, G2X LE and G2L. They are a Godsend.