Four lights compared - Olight M18 Mav & Striker, Nitecore P12, EagleTac TX25C2

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Four lights compared - Olight M18 Mav & Striker, Nitecore P12, EagleTac TX25C2

:drool:

hoop762

Newly Enlightened
Re: Four lights compared - Olight M18 Mav & Striker, Nitecore P12, EagleTac TX25C2

First of all, thank you so much for your time and effort putting these reviews together. They are well thought out and executed. Kudos to you!!

A couple comments...

First, I completely agree with your gripes with the olight striker. I've edc a maverick for a while now and was excited to hear of a new version. I hate the new UI and bezel. I won't be buying a striker.

Second, I believe you said in the first video that you left out the Fenix pd35 due to lack of easy access to strobe. I have both a pd35 and a P12. Strobe access is the same on both. I love the variable strobe pattern Fenix uses and prefer it to the nitecore. I use strobe a lot.

Thanks again for the reviews. Hopefully they won't be your last!

MightyBright

Newly Enlightened

First of all, thank you so much for your time and effort putting these reviews together. They are well thought out and executed. Kudos to you!!

A couple comments...

First, I completely agree with your gripes with the olight striker. I've edc a maverick for a while now and was excited to hear of a new version. I hate the new UI and bezel. I won't be buying a striker.

Second, I believe you said in the first video that you left out the Fenix pd35 due to lack of easy access to strobe. I have both a pd35 and a P12. Strobe access is the same on both. I love the variable strobe pattern Fenix uses and prefer it to the nitecore. I use strobe a lot.

Thanks again for the reviews. Hopefully they won't be your last!

The encouragement helps! Is it accurate to say there is no instant access to strobe from off? I intended to say this but my words were imprecise, so I have added the pop-up comment to clarify.

I have seen faceoff demos of single and dual-pattern strobes from the receiving end, and dual or variable is superior. The EagleTac model has variable but it is a little work to get to it. If I might ask, what are you using the strobe for? I'm guessing you are using the PD35 in another mode then accessing strobe as needed. Thanks!

Last edited:

hoop762

Newly Enlightened

I work nights as As a paramedic and find the need for strobe most of my shifts. Really comes in handy.

It is true, the pd35 will not memorize strobe mode. My P12 is In the back of the rig and I can't get to it now to check.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you!

teacher

Newly Enlightened

Excellent!!!!! :)
Thank you.......

MightyBright

Newly Enlightened

FYI - I settled on the Nitecore and it sits happily in my pocket. Already using it heavily around the house.

If you are feeling charitable, as a newbie I'd appreciate a "like" on youtube for these videos. : )

hoop762

Newly Enlightened

Glad to hear you're liking the P12. I love mine. It goes with me every shift.

Heading over to youtube right now :)

MightyBright

Newly Enlightened

Thanks buddy. Keep up the life saving work.

MightyBright

Newly Enlightened

Glad to hear you're liking the P12. I love mine. It goes with me every shift.

Heading over to youtube right now :)

Thanks buddy. Keep up the life saving work.