Most throw single 18650 cell light?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
What has the most throw that runs off s single 18650?

Right now, probably the SC200C2vn version, at ~ 137,000 cd.

There are also aspheric lensed lights that throw a small square beam, which can be useful if you don't need to light up more than a little of what's out there at a time.

How much throw do you NEED/WANT?

IE: What do you want to be able to see, at what range(s)?

:D

TEEJ

Flashaholic
would the Xsearchervn be better than the SC200C2vn for all out throw?

It should be more, as aspherics are one trick ponies.....outthrow or go home. :D

10' at 100 yards is about a 3º beam angle or so, so the beam might be a little smaller than that at that range....as aspherics might have a beam angle as small as ~ 1º or so. (~ 1.5º ish for example)

If you only need to see stuff 100 yards away, you don't NEED lights with ultimate throw though.

What's your application?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The aspheric Ahorton lens and spacer with a Vinh modified dedomed XML2 has a square hotspot about the same size as the hotspot from a dedomed XML2 in a smooth reflector tuned by Vinh. These are in P60 hosts, which are not designed to be throwers per se. Even with the dome off, I guess it is a pretty big LED. With the same brand/age of freshly charged batteries in both torches, the hotspot is brighter with the aspheric, but, as the cell voltage decreases, I can't tell hardly any difference. While it is interesting to see where the wires connect, and the grid of 'dots' on the LED, that can be seen coming from the aspheric, it is probably not enough of a difference with an XML2 LED. This is new to me and defer to those with more experience.

Rifter

Enlightened
Thanks guys, I will be ordering the Xsearchervn, it will replace my current "spotting" light which is my very outdated Surefire with a KT2 turbohead.