• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired UBH pre-sale notice!

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have placed an order for the machining of the next batch of UBHs. They are going to be machined in January, once the E2Cs are machined. That means that with all the work that needs to be done on them, the UBHs will probably be completed and they will be ready to go in late February. I am now taking pre-orders for them, and will ship them out once they are done.

As before, the prices will be $55.00 each for the full kit in HA, shipped. The basic kit (which includes the body w/O-rings, the 2AA tube adapter and the Arc button only) will be $47.00, shipped. This will also be only in HA.

If you want a brass UBH, I have 4 currently in stock at $57.00 each for the full kit, or $49.00 each for the basic kit.

My Paypal and email address is [email protected] . Please use email for communications, rather than PM, so that I can keep better track of orders. Also, to reduce my errors, please note exactly what you are ordering in the Paypal comments section, as that is what I go by when filling your order.

Thanks,
Doug.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I'm first in line!

BTW, are these identical to the UBH-II, or are there any improvements or refinements? If so, I would assume these would be referred to as UBH-III, otherwise its just another run of UBH-II?

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the same as UBH-II. That version seemed to work well, so I'm going to stick with that. You can just call them UBH-IIs as far as I'm concerned.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Look here at my UBH (Brass) Spy Kit.

ubh-kl-3.jpg

ubh-kl-1.jpg

ubh-p3.jpg

You can also do a search on the Reviews Forum for "Run-Time Plot - UBH". Each of the reviews has a picture of the Brass UBH set-up used in that runtime plot.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
What exactly does the $55 UBH-II kit consist of? Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Thanks for the pics, all. Roy, is that an E2e LOTC at the other end of the KL1 light? If you have a ruler handy, can you measure the total length of that light for me? Thanks.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
The full kit includes 3 more spacers/adapters: a 1AA, a 1x123 and a 2x123 spacer, so you have the option of using 1AA or 1 or 2 123 cells in addition to the standard 3x123 and 2 AA of the basic kit. The 1AA setup is mostly for the rev1 Arc-LS heads, but it can also be used with the narrow Pila rechargeables, I believe. Someone please let me know if this won't work, as I thought the 150s is the same size as the AA cells.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the Arc button for? I guess if I order one of these I'll also have to find an e-series tailcap of some sort?

And if I can ask /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif what's the extra exposed O-ring for?

Jon

Miciobigio

Enlightened
The extra o-ring and the ARC button are for using every ARC heads with your UBH !!!

I think that the UBH is a must for every users of this board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You can use it with every E-series Surfire heads, with every ARC-LS head , with every MC-Lux heads !

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
we are very lucky to have people like Dspeck and the others who bring us practical lights and additions to practical lights. I will be purchasing several of these, one full kit and the rest to be pure 9 volt lights.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doug...

Email sent.

Payment has been sent for the four (4) Brass full kits.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got 3 brass kits left, Carpe. Please check email for reply.

JSB - is the smaller Pila battery the same dia as the AA? I thought there were 2 sizes: 150S and 150A or something? I am not fully studied-up on the Pila variations just yet... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif