BREAKING NEWS -- Terror Level To Be INCREASED !

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Just heard a special report that Tom Ridge, within the next 1/2 hour, is expected to increase our terror alert level to HIGH (Orange)!

No other information at this time!

Good time to check our emergency kits including our flashlights and batteries.

I am glad I recently ordered a couple extra boxes of lithium batteries from Surefire!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
damn. lets all pray for a safe outcome and for those who dont pray have positive thoughts please.has it ever been at this level before?

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
...snip...has it ever been at this level before?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 4 or 5 times - right before the war started was the last time. They got a LOT of critisim for bouncing the level up then down, then, up, then down, so they have been trying to keep it at yellow, so this bounce ot Orange is a bit more than the last few times

That said, there are parts of the country that have been on orange since 9/11/01 - NYC being one of them

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: BREAKING NEWS -- Terror Level To Be INCREASED

New York City was at this level for quite awhile after 9/11 but my wife is at her sisters up north to help out the family during the final stages of pregnancy of her sis, so I am without my sweety right now and we live in a neighborhood where Al Quaeda linked terrorists, businesses and Mosques have been discovered so I always remain guarded and ready to make splitsville!! As always I hope it amounts to nothin'.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark_Larson

Enlightened

Couple this with Christmas and i'd hate to be a Wal*Mart employee right about now.

DavidTHR

Enlightened

Scary quote from Tom Ridge:

"...Information indicates that extremists abroad are anticipating near-term attacks that they believe will rival or exceed the scope and impact of those we experienced in New York, at the Pentagon, and in Pennsylvania more than two years ago," Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge said..."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*

world will never be the same .i recall i used to go to are hydralic damm to take pics i loved it there there was deer there all kinda foxs and other criters good fishing. and tours of damm but cant go there no more. so even with out atacks are lifes will always be affected specaily the memieros of that horific day

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

ok everybody, be sure to carry extra flashlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and if you see a taliban sneaking around your neighborhood, do your country a favor and run him over! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fred0109

Newly Enlightened

You can be notified imediatly via either email or text message on your cell phone. Check out this webpage for more details. BTW it is free and handy.
http://www.emergencyemail.org/

stockwiz

Enlightened

It really doesn't mean much of anything, except that were that much closer to the red level, which is essentially a martial law state in which you leave your house and you die, but perhaps it will cause the gold to go up more and the dollar to slide more, or at least nudge them along in that direction, making me some money.

All this just because we refuse to stop meddling in the middle east for Israel's behalf. People don't stop and think that there is a reason they hate us, and it stems from our occupying their nations for decades and killing them. Most forget we put saddam in power under Reagan in the 80's... , and just ignore all gut instinct, logic, and facts, and believe exactly what the government tells them, which is the ultimate betrayal to the consititution ... trust in government. If saddam had weapons, he would have used them on us, not shipped them to syria like the government says, which is only an excuse for us to occupy another soverign nation with money we don't have for no good reason. There is only one nation in the middle east that has any meaningful stockpile of nuclear weapons, but I don't need to name names here... oh wait, I already did.

I realize it's hard to free oneself of the shackles of media propaganda, as I used to be in the same situation as most people here, believing the cause was true and that american freedom was at stake. Then it dawned on me that Arabs could take our freedom away from thousands of miles away.. by turning this nation into a police state where we trade our freedom for a false sense of security. Welcome to the voyage of the damned. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

With an outstanding credit market debt of 34 trillion dollars, a government debt conservatively estimated at 12 trillion dollars when you add federal and state government and don't even include medicare obligations, we'll be fairly armed with our trusty worthless currency to not be able to buy ourselves out of all our problems for that much longer. Arm yourselves... with gold and guns, land and food... you'll need them... and know who your REAL enemies are.

It's time to adhere to a more non interventionalist foreign policy, before we find ourselves pennyless and hated.. and with the fiscal situation we are in now, something has to give.. we just can't keep spending money like this forever, going from 20 trillion on OCMD in 1997 to 34 trillion today, and continuing to climb.... I really do ramble too much.

Negeltu

Enlightened

We did NOT PUT Saddam in power. That is a terrible misrepresentation of the facts. Read a bio on the mans life and you will see how he got to power. It is TERRIBLY innacurrate to say WE PUT him in power.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

ohhhhhh Im soooo scared, what ever shall I do?!!?!!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Come on ppl, the level is always high, are we to actually sit around being worried about this crap for the rest of our lives. Planning our lives and events on the level of some "terror" rating system?

Nothing is going to happen, when we are ready and waiting for it. Its when we think we are safe that things happen.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

i highly doubt the vast majority of people go into their bomb shelters as soon as the levels are raised...

more likely, people are just going to be more on the look out for suspicious activity...if even that.

personally, i'm not too sure about this system. like everything, it has benifits and flaws.

Tomas

Banned

wrap1.jpg

I've got my plastic wrap and duct tape ready, now what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast

@stockwiz: I've been trying to expound some of those very same sentiments here for quite some time now, but it has gotten me nothing but public ridicule and hatred. I'm not saying to give up the good fight for freedom, but I'm just letting you know what you are in for when posting the truth on this forum instead of the government/media sanctioned point of view, which is basically little more than a lie/half-truth used to generate public support for a flawed foreign policy of imperialism.

I just thought I would chime in and let you know that you are not alone in figuring out that it is our own government that is our true enemy, just as the founding fathers predicted would happen. Like you said, no arab on Earth has power over us to oppress us, but our own government certainly does.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hehehe... I got a question for ya Thomas. How did you get the tape around your head with your arms stuck to your sides? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously where do you get all those cool graemlins you always come up with?

Negeltu

Enlightened

Every current world government is corrupt, my friend.