Where are flashlights manufactured?

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious, where do the major flashlight manufacturers make their flashlights? How about incandescent lamp assemblies? Are they manufactured in one counry and assembled in another?

I know Maglight proudly proclaims their flashlights are made in the USA, is that manufactured and assembled? I know ARC are assembled here, how about the electronics?

How about Surefire, Streamlight, Princeton Tec (says made in USA on my Attitude), Pelican.

GregR

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone correct me if I'm not on the mark.

PelicanLights was started and is owned by a Scuba Dude. Scuba Dudes seem to have a natural sense for what makes a good flashlight. Offices are in Torrance, California but they are now "an international marketing and manufacturing firm". I don't know if they have overseas factories but I'm sure David Parker is no longer building them in his garage. I believe PelicanLights get some if not all of thier bulbs built by Carley.

More on PelicanLights

I just bought an M6 from batterystation.com because I was hanging out on his site anyway, plus he has special prices for CPFers.

James Carley started CarleyLamps and now has manufacturing done in Mexicali, Hong Kong, and, interestingly in Torrance, California.

More on CarleyLamps

I think it may be difficult to find many manufacturers that completely build every part of a flashlight in the US. Maybe that's why some switches seem to be b*tches? You might be surprised, though, which companies get specifically engineered bulbs from Carley.

Carley is a friend to CPF...thanks David, Sasha, admins, mods, and modifiers. Give 'em a call sometime. Ask for Patty, she'll fix ya up.

Bill.H

Enlightened
All LED lights are made in elven factories since they're the only ones who can install the magic smoke. That's why you don't see as many Keebler commercials as you used to, becausethe cookie factory is undermanned.... errr .... underelved. Most of the elves went to the flashlight factories for better pay and benefits.