Zebralight T-Series, tailcap switch and USB charging

jak

Enlightened
I watched the Zebralight comparison chart get updated live this morning at 6:30am CST with several new additions. Among those, the new T-Series.

T-Series (T60 and T60w) will be 18650 powered tail clickies using the XM-L2 with USB charging (most like a micro-USB charging port if I were to speculate).

Seems like it will be larger than an SC600. At 4.5 inches (114 mm) and a bezel of 1.59 inches (40 mm), it will be their longest light yet.

This should be interesting. This thread will be updated when pix become available.

Related:
ZL drops SC32 plans
ZL adds SC62 & SC62w XM-L2

Last edited:

photonmaster

Banned
USB charging? No thanks. Pointless extra size, complexity and of very little use.

As per the other countless threads about new ZL's, I just wish some of them would actually happen.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
USB charging? No thanks. Pointless extra size, complexity and of very little use.

As per the other countless threads about new ZL's, I just wish some of them would actually happen.

USB can be useful for car chargers etc....as it adds a universal charger to the lights.

For some people that's useful.

rickyro

Enlightened
tailcap switch, that's something new to Zebralight.

Wonder how the design will be

jak

Enlightened
LOL! True hardcore flashaholic :)
I can assure you, it was merely coincidence. I think. I hope.

It was like watching an NFL draft or something (I'm not really into sports, but it seems like an apt comparison). Looking to see the specs of each light as they were typed... pretty cool.

I must say, I got really fired up about the lumen spec of the SC62s. And the tail switch of this T-Series will be an interesting design from ZL, that's for sure.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
awesome news!

we know zebralight is reading these threads so here goes, this is how they should implement the tail switch. Spark had their chance but they blew it. they simply duplicated the side switch to the tail which isn't gonna cut it if the "T" actually means tactical in this new zebra

1) the tailcap switch should be MOMENTARY-ONLY, and doesnt change modes. and the level that it turns on at should be PROGRAMMABLE i.e. can program any brightness level or any strobe mode.

2) have a secondary mode that could be accessed by double-click. BUT!!! it must be possible to disable this because it might not be desirable. secondary mode must be programmable as well, so you could have double-click strobe if you want.

3) retain the classic zebra UI on the side button

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
awesome news!

we know zebralight is reading these threads so here goes, this is how they should implement the tail switch. Spark had their chance but they blew it. they simply duplicated the side switch to the tail which isn't gonna cut it if the "T" actually means tactical in this new zebra

1) the tailcap switch should be MOMENTARY-ONLY, and doesnt change modes. and the level that it turns on at should be PROGRAMMABLE i.e. can program any brightness level or any strobe mode.

2) have a secondary mode that could be accessed by double-click. BUT!!! it must be possible to disable this because it might not be desirable. secondary mode must be programmable as well, so you could have double-click strobe if you want.

3) retain the classic zebra UI on the side button

Yes it would be interesting if ZebraLight made an innovative tactical torch. Alas, that niche is overflowing with mediocrity and poseurs. Probably the 'T' in the ZebraLight designation refers to just (T)ailcap. And, I would think, bonafide tactical users would shy away from a light with any complexity. Your ideas sound interesting. I would hazard to guess that the market for 'TactiCool' is much larger than the real-deal tactical users.

When out in the night, I want to be able to get full lumens right then, every time. While the high/medium/low, NO last mode memory in a P60 host is nice for that, there are times when pressing the switch is not quite right and the driver interprets it as a double press and so gives an unintended mode. That's why I carry a direct drive (a single mode with lower amps would give longer runtime), dedomed XML2 in one hand (actually an Ahorton Aspheric; the hotspot with an XML2 is plenty big enough) and the just-wonderful ZL SC62 is on a headstrap for navigation and sightseeing. All ZL's can access full brightness pretty quickly as well; just not so much in a tactical way.

Overclocker's idea deserves further scrutiny and possible refinement.