New zebralight tail clicky T60

lightmyfire13

Enlightened
On their comparison page is a tailclicky (first one?) T60 & T60w 18650s with micro usb charging......

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes and with a 1.6 inch bezel diameter. Is Zebralight making a thrower? Also exciting that they've listed the specs for the XM-L version of the sc62.

photonmaster

Banned
Yeah don't get too excited. I could make a spreadsheet and list a lot of potential flashlights and specs etc too :rolleyes:

I love Zebralight products, but their customer service, stock levels and supply are terrible.

They should just not announce any information about new lights until they are actually READY and in stock!

Incidentally, the idea of a tail clicky ZL doesn't appeal to me overly. One of their unique selling points is the side switch, along with UI, colour, and compactness.

LEDburn

Enlightened
I gave up on ZL after never being able to get anything without a backorder and waiting years for the tail clicky AA light (T5?) that was always "coming soon" and disappeared. They are unreliable, have terrible service, and are apparently using cheaper materials now.

And you're probably one of the usual ZL bashers who has never owned one of their products. There's a reason they're so hard to acquire ;)
Hands down the most innovative manufacturer when it comes to size, efficiency, outptut and of course their immensly popular UI.

Love it or loathe it but don't knock it till you've tried it.

markr6

Flashaholic
SC62w...damn, already setting money aside for that one! I'm spoiled with my SC62d tint, but with 900lm on the SC62w I must have both!

Swede74

Enlightened
SC62w...damn, already setting money aside for that one! I'm spoiled with my SC62d tint, but with 900lm on the SC62w I must have both!

I couldn't agree more. If 930 lumen out of a 3.8 x 0.96 inch flashlight is accurate, I don't even care if I lose the tint lottery - I just have to have it :naughty: I kind of hope (to be frank: expect) it won't be available until November/December though, that way I will be able to justify the purchase by calling it my Christmas present for myself.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
And you're probably one of the usual ZL bashers who has never owned one of their products. There's a reason they're so hard to acquire ;)
Hands down the most innovative manufacturer when it comes to size, efficiency, outptut and of course their immensly popular UI.

Love it or loathe it but don't knock it till you've tried it.

Yes

Except for applications that require major throw, or dinky, micro sized lights, ZL is preeminent (my opinion). So many of us would NOT put up with the shortcomings if it wasn't such a useful, pleasurable product. Never before have I bought two of the same model flashlight before.

Etsu

Enlightened
I like Zebralights mainly for their small size and ability to operate on a single AA cell (SC52). I also like the UI, but mainly because it offers an alternative to the usual clickies. I actually prefer clickies, but it's nice to have another choice when I want something quiet or different.

IMO, Zebralight would be making a mistake going with a clicky, because then they'd be competing in the same space as everyone else, and Zebralight SUCKS at everything besides having their unique UI. No way would I put up with their poor quality, horrendous service, random tints, and awful inventory management, just to buy a clicky that I could get from several other good companies to deal with.

Stick with the Zebralight UI we all like.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are incorrect. But nice taking a general complaint about a company and making it a personal attack.

I loathe their business practices, communication practices, customer service, and the reason they are hard to acquire is supply not demand.

I have never understood how people turn someone's opinion about a company into a personal argument. You can like them if you want. I don't and no amount of smug commenting on your behalf will change that.

Yes I have been offended by LEDburn's comments previously. He also has good information, as well as strong feelings regarding the ZL dilemma. You slammed ZL, LEDburn slammed you. I am hoping his family had a smooth addition, but since he has not brought it up... Maybe his point was that since you perhaps have never owned a ZL, you have only experienced the many negative aspects. Let's continue the discussion.

Demand has exceeded supply with ZL. And it is evident to me that ZL reads comments on this forum. My opinion: The CR123 SC32 did not get the support here that some would like; A 4 AA battery flashlight is a can of worms that I do not care to open (with the battery failures that I have had in the past); And as has been said here already, there are many manufacturers that make tail clickers. My guess is, ZL came up with some kind of an electronic switch unit that will set them apart from other lights, and will be watching here to see the interest. This is of course speculation and we are maybe not that important.

Swede74

Enlightened
My guess is, ZL came up with some kind of an electronic switch unit that will set them apart from other lights, and will be watching here to see the interest. This is of course speculation and we are maybe not that important.

I think you are right. This is from an old version of their spreadsheet, where T5 and T3 were described as "electronic tail clicky".
zlsheet.jpg

Yuriy

Newly Enlightened
I own 3 zebra flashlight and I love them. Their flashlights are great.
Unfortunately I must admit that Zebralight's customer service is just awful.

Nevertheless I am very excited and preparing money for SC62w and probably T60w :)

markr6

Flashaholic
I don't think a ZL tail clicky is for me...but looking forward to more info!

Snipe315

Newly Enlightened
I've almost given up on Zebralight as well.

Still waiting for the replacement to the SC80; the fabled SC82. :(

I've contacted them numerous times & each time the date gets moved out or not mentioned at all. It was supposed to arrive 1st quarter 2014. Now... who the hell knows. :shakehead

tonkem

Enlightened
Yes, they have delayed or simply never produced certain lights, but we have to admit the ones they do choose to produce are awesome. S6330 comes to mind. Awesome light...