Headlamp for fishing, camping and hunting

garage_logician

Newly Enlightened
I need a new headlamp for my outdoor activities. The headlamp needs to have a red light for night fishing, and a decent throw to help with boat navigation at night.

That being said I am leaning towards the NiteCore HC90. I like the variable output slider and it seems really bright at its max. The built in charger is unique (as far as I know) and seems very useful.

But, I am not very knowledgeable about headlamp options and wanted to ask for opinions from those in this group. I would appreciate any suggestions or opinions. I am hoping to order this light in the next couple days to make sure it arrives with plenty of time for me to use and learn its functions and operations before my next adventure. ☺

Thanks!
gl

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Andrewbp

Newly Enlightened
All the decent / good ones I've seen are made from petzl but they are different series for different needs. I believe there is a outdoors / tactical / military model that will work for you and believe runs $40ish ?

ryukin2000

Enlightened
I have the HC50 as well and i really like it. its plenty bright and it is not too expensive. but i guess if its your first 18650 light the HC90 would save you on getting a separate charger as you mentioned the built in usb charger.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have princeton tec eos, black diamond 2014 storm and 2014 petzl tikka rxp .... Have had surefire, streamlight and zebralight in the past. I say take a serious looking at petzl for your headlamp needs.