ForeverBright Patent # ?

LED-FX

Enlightened
Someone do us a favour and look at their newer box of Foreverbright LED Christmas Lights and tell me what the patent no. is that they have granted?

Thanks
Adam

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
On the two sets I received from Holiday Creations (an authorised licensee of Fiber Optic Designs) two weeks ago or thereabouts, on a box that looks like:

fb100.jpg

it reads:

U.S. Patent No. 6,461,019
Additional patents pending.
Hope this is helpful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
If only I still had that string of 120 red yellow and green LEDs I made when I was 14, I could show prior art and invalidate that patent!

I got curious. I knew series strings of 6 of those "old fashioned" panel indicator GaAs 2 volt LEDs would work at 12 volts, but wondered if I connected enough to equal 240 volts, would they work from the mains or just fail spectacuarly? I finally scaveneged enough LEDs and got up the courage to try it out. Thankfully it did work, though it was absolutely lethal as the diodes were just soldered in line with no insulation, trying to handle them while switched on was interesting to say the least! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I think I used the string for only a short while at the start of the Festive season, when the pins of a few LEDs broke off after trying to decorate a small tree with them, and I didn`t have any more. When I was 14, LEDs were still quite expensive to buy locally (1994) and there were no blue ones either. RadioShack (Tandy`s here) wanted GB£1 (US$1.65) for a pack of *two* diffused red or green 5mm LEDs! It wasn`t much better elsewhere.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif