Klarus        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most used lights

Default Re: Most used lights

Quote Originally Posted by Tjmonsen5 View Post
    I usually use the streamlight stylus pro. It fits in my shirt pocket and is quite bright for its small size. Uses AAA batteries which are common and cheap. You don't always need uber bright lights, which is why I chose the stylus pro.
    Agreed, sometimes at night with all the lights off, 180 lumens blasting on the keyboard is just a wee bit too many lumens than required to see where the letter 'B' is.
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

My go to light is the Jetbeam PA 40. 468 lumens on turbo. That being said however I just bought the Fenix LD 41. 680 lumen what a fantastic light. Also have the Jetbeam BC 40 900 lumen and the Fenix TK 75 2900 lumen. I think I'm becoming a flash a holic lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bright star View Post
    My go to light is the Jetbeam PA 40. 468 lumens on turbo. That being said however I just bought the Fenix LD 41. 680 lumen what a fantastic light. Also have the Jetbeam BC 40 900 lumen and the Fenix TK 75 2900 lumen. I think I'm becoming a flash a holic lol.
    Hahaha, this is just the beginning of it.
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

My most used lights are my Foursevens Quark QT2L-X & QPA. Of the 2, it used to be the QT2L-X that I use more but lately, I its the QPA that i use more. So most probably, this will be my most used light in a few weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPar View Post
    My most used lights are my .-X & QPA. Of the 2, it used to be the QT2L-X that I use more but lately, I its the QPA that i use more. So most probably, this will be my most used light in a few weeks time.
    Man, I am really out of the scene, used to be i more or less knew what lights were being referred to but having to search for details, haaha. Saw those nice Fourseven lights, can't say I really like the clips, prefer deep carry clips but to each their own. Do you use it on low mode or max?
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

Flashaholic

My most-used light is easily a ThruNite Saber 1A fitted with a clip from a Stylus Pro. Runners-up would be a Quark AA body with an XML head, and a NW Preon Pro (NW Preon head on a Stylus Pro body).
    The hero is one who kindles a great light in the world, who sets up blazing torches in the dark streets of life for men to see by. - Felix Adler

Quote Originally Posted by bright star View Post

I did post earlier looking for a "boating rescue" light, but because I've been mainly a reader and not subscriber, I still haven't seen it appear. The one I've narrowed it down to so far is the Fenix LD41. Since you've bought it, what do you think? Looking for something to be clipped on in a boating environment to be used in case of ending up in the water. Think the Fenix would fit the bill? Thanks for any ideas.

Mine is the Surefire E2D Defender Ultra with 500 lumens. Definitely my go-to light.

Mine has a cooler-tint beam than some of the newer greenish-tint ones, and it really penetrates the brush.

Once I found it I turned to knives, acquired 70 of those. Looking to get back into flashlights again, and see what is new over the time I've been away!

Unenlightened

Smile Re: Most used lights

My most used is undoubtedly Olight S10 and S20 Baton. Has an S20 as EDC light (think I have five or six pieces of them) together with some further small key chain light (right now it hangs a Fenix ​​- E05 on the bunch which i think now is the favorite of small lamps, I love the wide beam it delivers, and the 27 lumens it gives is more than enough for its uses, and providing a good runtime.

A Olight S20 with a diffuser that can be used indoors and when you want to light up larger areas, and just picked off, when you need longer beam is IMHO the "for the buck" best EDC flashlight you can find. It is barely larger than the battery that sits in it, and the levels from 0.5 lumens to 550 lumens makes it useful in any situation. The magnet that some dont like and which also the S10 has, I think is a fantastic tool often.If you'll have to work with the car a dark night it's fantastic to be able to attach these lights so you can see what you're doing.

I consider myself to be a "flashaholic" since three to four years back in time, I think I have about 30 torches (which may not qualify me for the title according to some of you veterans ..haha but I'm working on it.) And during this time I have had the privilege to get to know this simple but awesome light!

The format- The performance- The function- All this taken together makes it feel safe to have it in my pocket!

As time passes from my original post,main ones used in work are now Fenix e25 burst,Olight sr51,Lenser t7.2 and P17/Thrunite T10s/ and Klarus p1a. One or two of these will be used daily for inspections or work.
    Camping or outdoors then the Olight sr52vn ,Olight SRminiVN and a combination of Fenix tk75vn/TK51/tn35vn/mm15vn/SWM v11r/TM15 are used the most.

EDC on keys right now are i3s on work keys,Fenix e05ss on car keys,on me are either of these .... d25cvn ti/d25c ti /v11r/t10t and rotate.

In the car glove box a Convoy m2,boot Fenix tk50 and a couple of others.Do plan on changing this at some point for a more floody usb option or both. Just feel a waste leaving the Olight sr52vn and miniVN as its very random use per year.............

All these lights get used the most out of my collection,others get use but just not as often as i end up using "go to" lights.

Rest of lights get little use,just for fun at night,walks etc etc

Used to be my 2XAA Rayovac Indestructible, now it's my 1XAA Quark Pro.

From moon mode to high and back and back again. It follows me around like a dog.

Enlightened

Surefire E1L (KX1B head) for general carry
    ITP A3 stainless steel on key chain
    Surefire L2 by bed (nice dim setting on low and wall of light if pressed harder)
    Maglite 2D with Xcape cap tailcap and TerraLux LED drop-in in car

I try to rotate my various lights but I always seem to come back to these four because they're just right for their respective jobs.

My snapon work light is probably my most used light, more than my streamlights actually. It runs on my 18v cordless impact wrench batteries and has 300 lumens. It has two interchangeable reflectors, flood or throw. I use the flood reflector since I'm using it to work on cars. It runs almost all day on a single charge.
    http://store.snapon.com/Flashlights-...V-P747694.aspx

I've found myself using these three lights almost exclusively on a regular basis:

FourSevens Mini123 (disappears in my pocket, my EDC)
    Surefire E1B (I carry this when I'm not at work)
    Surefire LX2 (I carry this when I know I'll need light)

I found that I used the Fenix TK20 quite a fair bit when I was inspecting my new apartment, the defects (cracks in paint, discoloration in grout etc) seemed to be more visible especially so since it is a white paint and white grout and a warm light source.
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

This list is subject to change, but for now I use the following most frequently...

1. SF P3X Fury
    2. SF 6PX Pro
    3. Fenix PD35

The Fenix TK20 is sitting in the toolbox, the Jetbeam M1X warm LED light is standing guard in the drawer of my bedside table, the Olight ST25 Baton is either on the bedside table or up on the headboard (out of reach of Shane's itchy one year old fingers). The Fenix E01 is in the guest bathroom, tucked quietly away in a corner and old favourite the LED Lenser P14 is on standby in the study. That's it for right now.
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

McGizmo Sundrop
    Lumintop Tool 219B Aluminum
    Emisar D4 XP-L HI 5K 10623 Flood Optic
    Jaxman M8 XP-L HI K5 Smooth Reflector (1 Mode)
    Surefire C3 w/Malkoff M61 SHO 219BV2
    Jaxman X1 XP-L HI Smooth Reflector 5K
    Jaxman X6 Hunter O.P. Reflector XHP50 (Not 50.2) Hi CRI 5K
    Fireflies ROT66 219B
    Oveready Defense Light/Surefire P91
    "You have attracted people who are determined that ideology is more important than facts."
    Ted Koppel

Most used light right now is my ReyLight Pineapple as it's the light I carry in my pocket every single day, day in and day out. Other than that, it would be one of the various variety of Olight Baton's that I have.

Five mega 18650 body with a Malkoff M60/M61. Carried this for like 8 years. Also several hds lights
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Malkoff / Martin White MD 1 with an M61W High / Low Ring and 18350 Keeppower

Good thread bump! I find as time has gone by my usage has changed. I used to carry single emitter reflector lights exclusively for daily use. I still have and use quite a few, but find the ongoing evolution of triples with optics where my preference now lies. I had several Mac's Custom triples back in the day, and loved the beam pattern but the low wasn't low enough and even on high, they lacked the reach I wanted. The Oveready BOSS changed that for me, and there are several new makers and drivers that also allow a true moonlight for my uses, and enough output on high that 100 yard plus is well within reach. To quote a good friend, "It's a good time to be a Flashaholic!" )
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

Agreed on the evolving Scout.

I use a PKDL PR-1 for my bright needs still, but use a Fenix E01 for general shadow lighting or just brightening an object for a photo etc. I still carry a PL2 by PK but usually opt for the Fenix since the PL2 starts on hi. Sometimes my Bones gets used for daylight needs.

Before that a Coast HP7 and a Malkoff MD2 hi/lo got used a lot.

Before that a minimag and a Solitaire or whatever was laying around and still functioned.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic*

Still using the Zebralight SC5 at work due to the performance on a single eneloop. The short burst of bright light works well for my needs even though I am not overly fond of Zebra's UI.

I am surrounded by lights at home but the 4K Pak-lite probably gets used the most. The two levels are just right for around the house use and of course there are plenty of brighter lights handy when the need arises.

EDC varies a bit for me since I have a nice variety of choices. I was carrying the 4Sevens PK Knight but lately I have been on a AAA kick carrying the Olight i3T,Thrunite T01 Neutral and Jetbeam Jet-UV as a three light EDC. The Malkoff MD2/M61T is the mainstay as my large EDC light that I carry at night and honestly sees more actual use than my pocket EDCs even though they are carried more often.
    I respectfully reserve the right to purchase yet another light......

Lots of Sc53w zebra action for me lately.

HDS Rotary
    A couple of Aleph builds with datiLED light engines
    Foursevens Mini CR2
    Lumintop and Maratec AAAs

Prometheus Alpha with short tube
    Prometheus Alpha Ti
    HDS rotary with 18650 tube
    Okluma dc1 or Dc2
    Emisar d4s
    Not carried but used daily
    Fenix TK75
    Acebeam T21vn
    Paul

This time of year the Fenix HL55 gets worked about 2-1/2 hours a day.

And the Acebeam X65 about an hour a day.

Jet mini-1 on my keychain or my nitecore tip on my other keychain. Otherwise my rot66 from my nite stand to a walk around the ‘hood
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123