ARC AAA clip removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulr

Flashaholic
Just slide it off. The Arc's HA3 finish is aluminum oxide, i.e. sapphire. You won't scratch it.

Spade

Newly Enlightened
I worried about this myself. I've slid the clip on and off my red AAA about four times, and have not scratched it yet. That's one tough finish.

Ray Tseng

Newly Enlightened
When I gave an Arc AAA to my friend, first thing he did was yank off the clip straight off at 90 degress, no sliding business slow or otherwise. With the HA3, no apparant damage. There's no need to baby these lights, they're built tough, and I use them that way.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ray,
Watching someone do that would have made me cringe but maybe it happened too fast for cringing..... Good thing for that HA3. I'm kinda anal with my LE so it's HA3 coating never gets tested.

paulr

Flashaholic
I took the clip off when I got my AAA, but I put it back on after the east coast blackout. Being able to use it handsfree on a hatbrim or shirt collar is just nice a capability to sacrifice.

Spade

Newly Enlightened
Boy, I don't know if I could bear to watch someone take the clip off like that, HA3 or not. Don't buy that guy a sports car! Not nearly as tough as an Arc.

Ray Tseng

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Spade said:
Boy, I don't know if I could bear to watch someone take the clip off like that, HA3 or not. Don't buy that guy a sports car! Not nearly as tough as an Arc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it was like ripping a bandaid off. At least it was over quick. On the other hand, it is at least good to see the product being used more to it's capabilities. Speaking of sports cars, an analogy is people who have fast cars but drive slowe, or who buy an SUV but won't drive to Tahoe since it'll get the car dirty. That being said, I was a little surprised when my buddy did the deed but not dismayed. I figure that both he and I'll want the next version of the Arc AAA within 5 years anyway, (My original AAA lasted 2 years before I wanted this revision).

Spade

Newly Enlightened
Interesting point. Better quit babying my lights. I didn't think that I would want the LS4, but I already do.

Status
Not open for further replies.