Lost the LED bin lottery

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
So i got a U2 in great shape really good price,,not fond of the LED color which definitely leans on the purple side,,Far from whitish,,What can i do?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
So i got a U2 in great shape really good price,,not fond of the LED color which definitely leans on the purple side,,Far from whitish,,What can i do?

Are you talking about a SureFire U2? If so, CPF member Nitroz has interesting options regarding LED swap. He did great work for me with two other projects.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it is a Surefire,,First thought was what can or would Surefire do? But i have not contacted them,,I did have them replace my E1b's head, i was glad to have that service

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it is a Surefire,,First thought was what can or would Surefire do? But i have not contacted them,,I did have them replace my E1b's head, i was glad to have that service

Sounds like it is used. Don't think SF will do anything. Nitroz has been putting in XPG2's in with the tint of your choosing. The U2 head is hard to get into; last I heard, Vinhnguyen will not mod them. I traded Nitroz my early generation head ( nice tint on the pink side of true neutral) because I had gotten an adapter from Oveready.com that allows the use of P60 dropins. But especially if you like control ring lights, the U2 is a classic. Really, all I'm using is the body of the venerable U2 because I wanted a different Oveready tailcap as well. Nitroz changed the driver of a P60 dropin for me and applied the excellent glow in the dark material on an everyday carabiner for my compact daily carry flashlight. He did great work for me.