*new* Fenix TK32 - Long thrower with color leds

kj2

Flashaholic
The TK32 was there already, but officially released today.
Price; USD 94.95

24o7syp.jpg
b4hxxu.jpg

zx4g7c.jpg
w84yz8.jpg
\

More info about new Fenix products in 2014; http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?379056-Fenix-2014-catalog-new-products

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The coloured LED's seem to be popular these days. So red is generally for night vision and animal tracking, blue for blood tracking, I see in the picture that they use green for map reading. Either way, I can only thing of these coloured lights as nothing more than a gimmick. Night vision needs to be low enough output level so it would be interesting to see how low the level is.

dts71

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone seen the UI for changing modes?
No manual up on Fenix site :shrug:

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
wordtime difference gave you the advantage ;) The moment they released, I was a sleep :)

Haha, that's exactly what happens to me all the time! When I go on CPF I find that you posted at 4AM my time :tired:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a nice light, I like the design. Unfortunately it's another in the line of the lumen-race deceiving adverts. Claiming regulated output but we know neither a single 18650 or two CR123 manage 900lm for more than a few minutes.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Guess what.. No tail-standing on this one either :p

I´ve noticed that too! And there is no moonlight mode either.:shakehead

Regarding the UI, is the color leds hidden, or do one have to cycle through them as well as the standard LED every time when pressing the mode switch button? Does anyone knows how long it can maintain turbo mode at 900 lumens before it steps down, and when it has stepped down which output it has then?