You Know You're A Flash-a-holic When...

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4MadMan

Enlightened
You Know You\'re A Flash-a-holic When...

...you get pulled over for speeding and all you can do is discuss the Officer's flashlight.
yellowlaugh.gif

I got pulled over yesterday day for speeding, first time in over 10 years. It was late, heavy rain and cold. The CHP flashes a really bright light into my mirror, proceeds to do his thing. I look and notice the Officer's flashlight and say, "Is that a Streamlight SL-20X?" The Officer looks into my eyes in amazement, and says, "Uhhh, yeah, how did you know?" I replied, "I am a light fanatic, I like flashlights."

The Officer gave me a look like
rolleyes.gif
, like he didn't believe me. I replied "Really, you don't believe me? I have the same Streamlight." Now the Officer thinks I'm taking him for a ride and believes nothing I say so I ask to open my Tactical Bag in the back seat and he allows me. I show my my SL-20X, my Lambda MegaClopsSE, Elektrolumens Blaster II and a few others. He was amazed. I told him about the Blaster II, that it was an LED, had great run time, blah, blah, blah. The Officer start inspecting the construction and beam pattern of the Blaster II and was impressed. We got totally side tracked from the ticket for about 10 minutes, it was great.
cool.gif

But only for 10 minutes, I still got the ticket.
icon15.gif
But at least now, one California Highway Patrol knows LEDs are for real.
grin.gif
icon14.gif
yellowlaugh.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
Re: You Know You\'re A Flash-a-holic When...

We already have an ongoing four page thread of the same title. It is more suited for the Cafe. You can follow up on it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.