Armytek Barracuda and Olight M3X

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings all, I'm looking for a relatively compact thrower that I can clip on a belt and not use a holster per se.
Boiled down thinking to these two lights given their style/size. I can rig the Barracuda for clip, so no worries there - perhaps also create
a rubberized end cap for tail standing as well. I found one video that did a comparison of the two and it seems as though the Barracuda has a more narrow beam. Throws a bit further also by the numbers. Would love to hear from any members that either have or have had both. it would seem that the Olight would create a more tunnel vision beam since the spill is broader. The spill on the cuda is more narrow but brighter giving the impression of less tunnel vision. Again, this is coming from one video I saw online, so definitely interested in hearing from any owners out there. Any other lights I should look at that have similar throw in the same style of light. I don't think from a reflector I can get that sort of throw in a single 18650, and there aren't that many 2x18650's with the narrow set up that allows for a clip.

As side note for moderators - I'm not really looking for a recommend a light for me since these are the two I'm looking at - but keep in mind a few additional options may arise - hence my posting in this bucket.

Cheers and thanks,
RC

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The narrower Barracuda beam will have more of a tunnel-vision effect IMO. This isn't really an issue for any ranges more than 10 feet in my experience with the Predator though (which also has the narrow spill).

Taz80

Enlightened
The M3X will also run on 2 18500's. This shortens it up some and puts the clip at the tail cap.