Olight R40 Seeker questions...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have brought myself down to one light per year, a self inflicted suffrage. I had expected to be picking up an MT-G2 light this year. But none of the options available are tripping my trigger for one reason or another.

But this Olight R40...is getting under my skin a bit. Gives me something different regarding the simplicity of charging. I like the general beam output. I wish it was available in neutral white.

So my questions:

The low batt warning light...I have a S20...similar warning light...but comes on to late in my opinion. And more importantly it is so dim it is hard to notice it. Has there been any improvement in the R40?

Can the light be charged with most cell phone chargers, or do they not provide enough amperage?

The 1100 lumen claim...does it look like this is honest? The 12 lumen low claim...I find I can do a lot with 12 lumen...but often manufactures are way off with their low ratings. It the 12 lumen claim more/less accurate?

Can the light be operated on low while charging?

Orion84

Newly Enlightened
As I can't compare it to anything and haven't run it down to empty yet, I can't comment on your battery warning light question. Also the lumen claims I can't confirm.

What I can answer are your questions regarding charging. The light comes with a 1A charger, but also charges fine on a 500mA port in a computer. So any cell phone charger should do, I guess.

Charging while in use seems to work fine, even on medium or high.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight R40 Review :thumbsup:

About the low voltage warning, I find it noticeable if you're paying attention for it. I didn't measure the voltage that activates it.