• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: SureFire P3X Fury Tactical (Single-Output EAG Model) bored for 2x18650

precisionworks

Flashaholic
This is an ITAR restricted item & cannot be sold to or shipped to anyone outside the USA. If you live outside the USA please don't ask me to ship to your USA friend so they can ship overseas, etc.

The ordinary Fury Tactical has a twist switch but this EAG model uses a clicky switch - press for momentary on, press more & it clicks constant on. Interesting story about the EAG-Fury, Pat Rogers of E.A.G. Tactical conducts training courses for police, military & civilians. His company has a couple dozen AR-15 (M4 pattern) carbines & each one has a light mounted so the carbine can be used for low light or no light training. Pat ran G2's until the Fury came out & then switched all carbines to the P2X. Problem with the early Fury is that it's two stage but SF soon came out with the single stage Tactical version. The issue with the Tac version is the twisty switch - the majority of LEO & MIL users want a clicky. Pat discussed this with his friend Paul Buffoni, owner of Bravo Company & Paul agreed to buy X-many lights if SF would combine the Tactical (single output) body with the clicky switch. The EAG-Fury was born.

This is a single stage light so it's either off or it's pushing out 1000 lumens. This particular light can have three power options:

• Run it with three Surefire CR123 cells & it goes 2.25 hours before the output drops below 100 lumens
  • Run it with two 18500 protected rechargeable cells for the same runtime as CR123 cells at a much lower cost.
  • Or screw on the 1-cell extender & use two rechargeable 18650 cells - almost 4 hours before reaching 100 lumens.

Image below shows the Fury as it came from Surefire-Bravo Company. Above the light is the 1-cell extender with SF Z59 tailcap

Image-9853934-217156440-2-Web_0_b0e55c9248e0b6606435a4b3134b573e_1

Image-9853934-216849229-2-WebSmall_0_15d22bab62a2122617127d3cc3a16918_1

Cost breakdown of Standard Package
$209 for the light from Bravo Company (includes shipping) including standard SF tailcap
$78 for boring the light (head not removable) to accept rechargeable cells
$15 for Delrin battery spacer when running 3 x CR123's - eliminates rattle
--------------
$302 total invested

Price for Standard Package is $246 $235 $225 (obo) delivered CONUS to civilians or $236 $225 $215 (obo) delivered CONUS to MIL-LEO-FF-EMT. Delivery by USPS Priority Mail with tracking, please add $3.00 if insurance is desired.

Cost breakdown for Deluxe Package
$209 for the light
$78 for boring
$15 for Delrin battery spacer
$15 for 1-cell extender
$30 for Z59 click-on tailcap switch
-----------------
$347 invested

Price for Deluxe Package is $289 $275 $265 (obo) delivered CONUS to civilians or $279 $265 $255 (obo) delivered CONUS to MIL-LEO-FF-EMT. Delivery by USPS Priority Mail with tracking, please add $3.00 if insurance is desired.

First "I'll take it" followed by payment within 12 hours. Paypal or MC/Visa/Amex/Discover are all fine. If paying by Check or Money Order I'll hold the light for 5 days before relisting ... been waiting a few years for some checks that are "in the mail"
315105193avatar

No trades desired at this time. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

T-man

Newly Enlightened
so it can't be used against us / USA in overseas conflict(s)"

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if its true, but I also heard people can't fly out of the US with Restricted Items like this in their bags or on their person? I don't know if this is true.

Free Bump for a cool light. I may come back when my PP account is refilled. lol

precisionworks

Flashaholic
SF T-shirts & ball caps were ITAR listed but are now exempt, can anyone figure that out :devil:

The best explanation of the regs, short of reading a thousand page doc, is from the United States Defense Technology Security Administration (DTSA) who administers the development and implementation of Department of Defense (DoD) technology security policies on:

• international transfers of defense-related goods, services and technologies.
  • insures that critical U.S. military technological advantages are preserved;
  • transfers that could prove detrimental to U.S. security interests are controlled and limited;
  • proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and their means of delivery is prevented;
  • diversion of defense-related goods to terrorists is prevented;
  • military interoperability with foreign allies and friends is supported;
  • and the health of the U.S. defense industrial base is assured.

Someone at SF who works in military supply should be able to provide a better answer.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Free Bump! But I don't want to derail the sales thread. So precisionworks, just let me know if I am. lol

In what I read about the shirts & hats way back when, the hats & shirts, were something that the US military would likely wear or US LEO, and they didn't want "enemies" to be able to look like a US personnel. But they still wanted the General Public sales. I am guessing kinda like a uniform would be restricted. I also heard some Oakley sunglasses were the same. So Oakley made a deal where they only sold those models through a Military/LEO only website. Not avail to general public. Make sense?

Pretty crazy the lengths they go to sometimes to protect US interests.

Anyways, BUMP on the sale. I have the regular 3 battery fury and love the light.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
regardless of ITAR, PrecisionWorks's products are second to none. please see my sig line for a decent review of just how awesome their work is.

Your biggest 18650s will fit when PW bores your lights and, of course, Barry is great people.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
I'm pretty sure this light is not restricted by ITAR ...
You certainly may be correct. My knowledge of ITAR is limited to the restriction notice posted on many sales sites:
ITAR Notice
Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.
I just now tried to enter an order from the distributor of this light, Bravo Company USA, & here's the exact wording from their site:
We can only ship to the United States and US Territories. Bravo Company USA, Inc cannot ship outside the United States.
Because of US laws, we cannot ship to an APO.
US Military stationed outside the United States, please have your order shipped to your home within the US.

Nous pouvons seulement expedier en USA.
No podemos transportar fuera de USA.

el_Pablo

Enlightened
Thanks,

I suspect many website to enlarge the field of application of ITAR, because of Limited knowledge of the law (they are seller first, I understand this) and to avoid to make any mistake and have to deal with federal admin.

in my case a seller was pretending that surefire XM switches were listed as resteicted because of use with weapon light, after a contact with surefire, they cleared the situation and the item was actually not restricted.

anyway it's a rare mod you are selling and I'm sure it will sell fast ;-)