Nitecore p12 horrible pocket clip.

Coldblooded357

Newly Enlightened
So those of you who own a nitecore p12 must have noticed it's one huge flaw. The pocket clip is terrible. Loose, weak, pops off the barrel with almost no force. I'll reach my hand into my pocket and the slight downward frictioncan cause the pocket clip to flip right off onto the grass. Really annoying. I love this light but that clip has got to go. Anyone know of a replacement clip that fits the p12 and has some decent retention. Thanks in advance :)

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Nitecore MT2C has exactly the same clip: I have to admit I have even seen worse clips on other ligths, the best you can do with the Nitecore clip, IMO, is to remove it for good.
Alternatively you could try tightening the clip grip using a multi-tool but I'm not sure how much it would help... the design is simply poor!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried the 'tactical ring' on the P12? Users here say it easily breaks, spins in place after minimal use. I never even put either one on because I use a Nite-Ize headstrap, but that is not what you are wanting. Maybe someone can direct you to another clip that can fit it (although the nature of that clip attachment seems just wrong; screw on clips like the ZebraLight SC62d work for me)

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast

I ordered the Titanium Alloy LED Flashlight Clip for Nitecore Jetbeam Niteye from Banggood, the clip fitted to the V11R in the photo is what arrived, it's not as shown on their website but it appears to be the same as the Nitecore version. They sell two different sizes, I ordered the long one, $6.69 inc shipping. I had to drill the V11R with a 2.05mm drill and then tap it with a M2.5mm tap to secure it. It was easier than I expected as the aluminium is easy to tap.

V11RampSC52WTitaniumClips_zps5f3c2b2b.jpg

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

I ordered the Titanium Alloy LED Flashlight Clip for Nitecore Jetbeam Niteye from Banggood, the clip fitted to the V11R in the photo is what arrived, it's not as shown on their website but it appears to be the same as the Nitecore version. They sell two different sizes, I ordered the long one, $6.69 inc shipping. I had to drill the V11R with a 2.05mm drill and then tap it with a M2.5mm tap to secure it. It was easier than I expected as the aluminium is easy to tap.

V11RampSC52WTitaniumClips_zps5f3c2b2b.jpg

Way to go! I have ordered the banggood supplied, Nitecore clips for my SC62d's, a long and short clip to differentiate the two. Can't say one is better than the other. Had to bend the clips to get the desired tension. They seem to be more 'springy' than the chromed, steel clips ZebraLight provides. I have drilled and tapped larger objects than this but it seems totally doable.

Also, not only does the SolarForce L2P tailcap work on my Nitecore P12 (The SureFire/Oveready tailcap does not work) but the SolarForce clip will also fit (I bought mine as an accessory from customlites.com. The tailcap is removed and the loop on the clip is placed, completely encircling the body of the P12, and the tailcap screwed back on. There is a gap there but an o-ring could possibly fill it. I don't know if the gap needs to be closed other than aesthetics. I did put the clip on but was careful not to scratch the P12, so did not experiment further.