Flashaholics Anonymous

Bigblue

Newly Enlightened
Hello, my name is BigBlue and I'm a flashaholic. Became an addict last week. Previously experimented casually with big box store lights. Since the first purchase of a PD35 last week, picked up two more Fenix, a Nitecore and a Thrunite. Nothing big ... yet. It's been 3 hours and 45 minutes since I made a purchase and it felt pretty good. Probably will pick up a vn thrower and a TK75.

How long has it been since you had your last fix (purchase)? What did you buy? What's next?

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI BIGBLUE! my name is Tmack and I'm a flashaholic. My substance of choice us also vn lights injected through the eyes. My substance abuse started with a tk75vnkt and after the first hit I was hooked. Now I have track marks/ blisters on my fingers from button pressing, and am developing wallet anorexia.

As you can see my problem is only progressing.

mymeteby.jpg

All vn lights I've acquired in my short time here.

My last fix was yesterday. A k40mvn on sale. A few days before, a hc90vn, a few days before a sd6vn, a few days before a Tcr2vn.
My signature and this horrific picture shows my addiction.

My next looks to be a x60mvn. The regular sized lights just don't do it for me now.

Last edited:

Bigblue

Newly Enlightened
Awesome collection there Tmack. Saw your laser thread. That's a whole other level. Powerful stuff.

LEDrock

Enlightened
Nothing big ... yet. It's been 3 hours and 45 minutes since I made a purchase and it felt pretty good. Probably will pick up a vn thrower and a TK75.

Sounds like you plan to continue feeding your addiction. One must be willing to stay away from his temptations if he wishes to pursue a path away from his addiction. Now go and throw away all your lights and stay away from the Fenix Store! :naughty:

No, wait! Instead of throwing them away, send them to me, then all your problems will be solved!

Last edited:

Bigblue

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like you plan to continue feeding your addiction. One must be willing to stay away from his temptations if he wishes to pursue a path away from his addiction. Now go and throw away all your lights and stay away from the Fenix Store! :naughty:

No, wait! Instead of throwing them away, send them to me, then all your problems will be solved!

Ha, I'm on the first step, brother. Will be there for a long while.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK when I'm ready to throw away my addiction, I'll know where to send them haha.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not addicted to flashlights. I am not addicted to flashlights. If I keep saying this, it must be true, right?

Bigblue

Newly Enlightened
There will come a point (very soon) where it'll be hard to hide my stash from the mrs.

It may be good for Vinh to use an alias and a PO box when sending packages to my house as the mrs usually receives them.

I'm expecting my first vn package tomorrow. Does Vinh usually put the price of the order in the package?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope! Just has his signature on the box.

All my lights are $20............right fellas!?

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long has it been since you had your last fix (purchase)? What did you buy? What's next?

I just left the PO on my lunch break to drop off a SWM D40a that is en route to Vinh. There is a custom FM 3p setup waiting for me in my mailbox at home.

Those don't count do they? :sick:

Oh boy... I've been doing this for 9-10 years now, and I'm still in denial. :sssh:

Bigblue

Newly Enlightened
Fed up of buying new lights at the moment so using the ones i have.

Congrats, sounds like you're half way through the 12 steps.

Whatever you do, do not ask Tmack to be your sponsor. He's an enabler.