FourSevens        
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

Buttrock CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

Hey everyone! We've finally gone "big time" and have mobile apps. I know a lot of you use Tapatalk on your mobile devices (I have the stats - you all sure are mobile! ). Well the new apps have a Tapatalk platform but don't have all of the extraneous stuff.

So here's where we are as of right now:

Android - Phone and Tablet

Go to your app store and search for "CPFMarketPlace" and "CandlePowerForums". You should find both apps available at this time.

- Note: Uploading photos is only available at this time on the MarketPlace if you have a Supporter Subscription. You can test it out in the Test forum if you want. (I will have it available on CPF within the next week).

iOS - Phone, iPad and iPod Touch

Go to your app store and search for "CPFMarketPlace" and "CandlePowerForums". At this time, only the MarketPlace app is available. The CPF app is waiting for review and should be available within the next week.

- Note: Uploading photos is only available at this time on the MarketPlace if you have a Supporter Subscription. You can test it out in the Test forum if you want. (I will have it available on CPF within the next week).

I'm very excited about this new tool that I am able to offer to you all. It was a fun project for the most part and I learned WAY more about creating apps than I ever really wanted to know. I would not have been able to do it though without the help of those who went through all of the testing with me and for me and provided valuable feedback. You can read about the process HERE. Gunga, x-ray, subwoofer, OCD, Crazyeddiethefirst, tobrien, and several others... you all ROCK!! Thank you all so much for your assistance!

I will be posting this same thread over at the MarketPlace for feedback there also. If you have any issues, please be sure to indicate your OS and which app you are having issues with. Keep in mind that I do not have access to an Android device so I will depend on those with Androids to help me resolve any issues.

Have fun everyone! And I hope you like what we have created!

Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

Have downloaded both apps for my Android device and it works perfectly for what I can see

Do have question: ad free option in the future?

Couldn't find the CandlePowerForums app for a while, then I found it listed as an app similar to the CPFMarketPlace app, but it's misspelled as "CandePowerForums", which explains why I couldn't find it when searching.

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Have downloaded both apps for my Android device and it works perfectly for what I can see

Do have question: ad free option in the future?
    No there will not be an ad free option. However my goal is to at least have the ads relevant and ideally the same ads currently posted on CPF/CPFMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    Couldn't find the CandlePowerForums app for a while, then I found it listed as an app similar to the CPFMarketPlace app, but it's misspelled as "CandePowerForums", which explains why I couldn't find it when searching.
    Fixed. Thank you for letting me know. I guess I've been looking at it for too long cuz it actually took me a few minutes to see what was wrong...

Haha, glad to help!

Sent from my HTC One using Candlepowerforums mobile app

ATTENTION iOS USERS!!!

You should find a new version of "CPFMarketPlace" in iTunes now. Just click on the little download icon and it will update. This latest (and hopefully final for now!) version has the new "What's New?" tab that is really nice! Check it out!

Got the update today: Looks clean; works fine as far as I can tell. A couple of times the pictures disappeared and the URL of the photo was there, then the pictures came back. Don't know if maybe I was touching something on the iPad screen or not.

Do you want us to give stars ratings/reviews in the App Store?

Default CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

You can leave a rating and/or review if you would like but I will not ask or require it

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Been using these for about a week now on my android and they are great. Really enjoying them.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA

I just saw this thread today, and searched for the CPF app on the iTunes store... but it shows nothing (under either spelling). So I downloaded and installed the CPF Marketplace app (which I easily found), and searched for "Related" items, but found no results. So then I searched for "Dreller" as the author, and the only app returned for either iPhone Apps or iPad Apps was CPF Marketplace.

Any suggestions?
    Owner of the first full-on beamshot of The Beast II! (See avatar)

Am getting some error messages. CandlePowerForums app gets a forced closed. (Android 4.4.3. - I do send the error reports via play store)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops942 View Post
    I just saw this thread today, and searched for the CPF app on the iTunes store... but it shows nothing (under either spelling). So I downloaded and installed the CPF Marketplace app (which I easily found), and searched for "Related" items, but found no results. So then I searched for "Dreller" as the author, and the only app returned for either iPhone Apps or iPad Apps was CPF Marketplace.

Any suggestions?
    The CPF app for iOS is still pending review... ... These guys sure do take their time. I'm HOPING it will be available within a day or two. I will announce here when it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Am getting some error messages. CandlePowerForums app gets a forced closed. (Android 4.4.3. - I do send the error reports via play store)
    Yes, I received notification of this. I am addressing it. It's a Tapatalk issue. They have released an update and I am working on getting it applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    The CPF app for iOS is still pending review... ... These guys sure do take their time. I'm HOPING it will be available within a day or two. I will announce here when it is.
    I've heard about the review delay from other developers, so you're apparently not being singled out.

Also, thanks to the CPFMP app, my wallet is now lighter, because as I was browsing, I found some stuff I just HAD to have!

So... I don't know whether to thank you sincerely or sarcastically, but... thank you!

Well, California Professional Firefighters has their own app... There's another CPF app unrelated to us. At least my review is showing up for the CPFMarketplace app.

It is definitely nice to be able to access the 'web' version straight from the app. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    It is definitely nice to be able to access the 'web' version straight from the app. Thanks
    I know, right? I LOVE that feature!!

Any one know if the Android app is also compatible with the Kindle Fire tablets and available through the Amazon apps store?

Quote Originally Posted by Richwouldnt View Post
    Any one know if the Android app is also compatible with the Kindle Fire tablets and available through the Amazon apps store?
    Why not check and let us know?

Flashaholic

Why would a forum user who already has a forum browsing app use this one which I assume will work only for CPF?

edit: Whaaaa...12 Megs. Kind of heavy for my 178MB internal memory mobile! (Gio 5660)
    Last edited by SuLyMaN; 06-24-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuLyMaN View Post
    Why would a forum user who already has a forum browsing app use this one which I assume will work only for CPF?

edit: Whaaaa...12 Megs. Kind of heavy for my 178MB internal memory mobile! (Gio 5660)
    Cuz they can? No one is forcing you to use the CPF or CPFMP app. It is an option. And obviously not one for you. So carry on. No one will trash you for it or question your choice. Most of us just aren't like that...

Flashaholic

Hah! Its not that I don't want to. I can't afford to! I had to reformat my mobile and install cyanogenmod on it (long story why - my normal install was bugged and phone was acting up basically) After installing google apps and the 2-3 essential apps I needed, I found out I had so little free memory that I could no longer update my 2-3 used apps. I had to uninstall bluetooth, calender and some other barely used apps.

Quote Originally Posted by SuLyMaN View Post
    Hah! Its not that I don't want to. I can't afford to! I had to reformat my mobile and install cyanogenmod on it (long story why - my normal install was bugged and phone was acting up basically) After installing google apps and the 2-3 essential apps I needed, I found out I had so little free memory that I could no longer update my 2-3 used apps. I had to uninstall bluetooth, calender and some other barely used apps.
    Oh ok. So basically your previous critical comment is your own personal issue and others who don't have your issues can just ignore your comments? Ok. Thanks for clarifying...

CPFMarketplace for apple is 30 MB. That is not much. There are many features and options within the app.

The CPF app for iOS is NOW AVAILABLE IN ITUNES!! Search for "CandlePowerForums". I love it!!!

For the iPad: Looking on 'usage' under general settings, the CPF and CPFMarketplace apps are running 64 and 74 MB of storage; not a problem for me.

To unsubscribe a thread on the iPad; swipe left on the thread title box and press the same star that was used to subscribe. Nice.

It is good not to have to load the next page when viewing many posts on one thread.

Getting used to the differences. The ads are OK and necessary.

If I hold my finger down on a post, it will expand that post to fill the whole page and not include pictures (but will show the URL of the picture)

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Well, I now have the iOS app for CPF, and I'm pretty pleased. And unlike the app for CPFMP, getting this app didn't encourage me to purchase more lights... yet.

I'm loving the app (Android 4.4.4 on 1st gen Nexus 7) but there is one thing I have noticed. After I use the pencil in a box to mark all read, when I return to the main screen the bulb is still blue. This happens whether I do a return or reload of the forum list. Am I doing something wrong?
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothybil View Post
    I'm loving the app (Android 4.4.4 on 1st gen Nexus 7) but there is one thing I have noticed. After I use the pencil in a box to mark all read, when I return to the main screen the bulb is still blue. This happens whether I do a return or reload of the forum list. Am I doing something wrong?
    I just pull down on the screen and it clears all the lit bulbs. Works fine on iOS.

Is there a way to have the threads in a particular subforum show further back? It seems like I can only see the threads that have a new post in about the last month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Is there a way to have the threads in a particular subforum show further back? It seems like I can only see the threads that have a new post in about the last month or so.
    Actually, I think there is. I'll have to play with it some. Give me a couple of days.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast