Wuben        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

Default CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    Time for a upgrade to the Android version.
    Version 2.0 should be available soon. (It has been published so keep checking your Google Play Store). I don't have an Android device so can't test it.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

Version 2.0 should be available soon. (It has been published so keep checking your Google Play Store). I don't have an Android device so can't test it.
    2.0 works fine. Still trying to find how to do certain things. As with the forums, there's many ways to view new content. The subscriptions view in v1, fits my usage better than v2. Glad both work though.....

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    I can see you typing that on a "Flintstones" type computer made of granite.
    P
    Well, funny you'd say that and ironicly on this reply, more like a tablet and chisel, a Samsung tablet with S pin which I use to poke the buttons.

DOWN DINO DOWN! Yabba Dabba Doo

I have a question with the Androld app. Back then there was a Candlepowerforums app which I've installed (but now not working), and it appears to have been removed from the Google Play store. Then there comes the newer CPFForums, which I've also installed but can't get it working (connection error). So now which app should I stick to? If if uninstall the former I'll lose the ability to reinstall it again......

Can someone please help?

Quote Originally Posted by yazkaz View Post
    I have a question with the Androld app. Back then there was a Candlepowerforums app which I've installed (but now not working), and it appears to have been removed from the Google Play store. Then there comes the newer CPFForums, which I've also installed but can't get it working (connection error). So now which app should I stick to? If if uninstall the former I'll lose the ability to reinstall it again......

Can someone please help?
    I had to log back into the old version and it worked again

Turns out I was using a different CPF app. Downloaded this official one and the 1st thing I noticed is no way to view unread messages. That's a huge fail.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    Turns out I was using a different CPF app. Downloaded this official one and the 1st thing I noticed is no way to view unread messages. That's a huge fail.
    Are you logged in?

Yes. There's a Recent tab, but nothing about a New Posts. Recent shows much more than new posts since last visit.

Also just noticed that after replying, you don't go to the last read post. It takes you all the way back to the top.

If itís like the iOS app (not sure if there is a new one of these coming too so maybe Iím wrong) Iíve been using for years, the New tab shows everything over given period of time. Like 24 hours or so. The blue dot shows what you have viewed or not viewed so itís pretty easy to see what you are or are not caught up with. Also there are settings you can change to adjust what is shown first when you open a thread, like last or first or first unread.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    .... (not sure if there is a new one of these coming too....)....
    Working on it. But as usual, Apple doesn't make anything easy. I'm grateful for the unparalleled security measures from a user end. But from the developer end... oy! It is challenging, to say the least. I'm currently on my third try in as many days.

And even when I finally manage to get it configured properly and submitted for review, it can still be rejected by Apple after a week or more of waiting.

The new Android app is somewhat different than version 1.

I too do not see a difference between read / unread threads, and the "access time" for me appears to be much slower than v1.

It has several additional tabs and features, but I can't find any adjustable settings on v2.

I think I'll stick with v1 for now, myself.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Wow. Way too many bugs/quirks with this version 2 on Android to mention. I'll continue with Tapatalk. I don't mean to sound unappreciative, but it's really really bad.

Ok so I just stole my son's Android phone and checked out the app. Holy Hell! What a crappy app!

This version of the app is by vBulletin. One would think that if it is put out by the same developer as the forum software, it might be just a tad bit more friendly and compatible and feature more of the functions and attributes of the original software. It seriously does NOT!

So I apologize for that and I'll see if I can go back to the other version which is actually on a Tapatalk platform. And in truth it's rather a pain in the butt...

I really liked the (old old old version) Tapatalk app ... before they kept "upgrading" it
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    I really liked the (old old old version) Tapatalk app ... before they kept "upgrading" it
    I kinda don't have a choice now. I haven't wanted to upgrade and continue to pay the fee to Tapatalk. I paid for the license to the vBulletin mobile app so I would own it and not have to pay monthly fees for it. But it looks like now the Tapatalk app is the better option. I'm working on upgrading/updating it now. Of course the Android version will come out first. I'll let you know when it is available in the Play Store.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbrat View Post
    I had to log back into the old version and it worked again
    Never worked for me. I even cleared out the application settings, user data, cache etc. Still no dice.
    My only recourse now is to view the Forum on via the browser but that's simply too inconvenient on a small mobile device......

Quote Originally Posted by yazkaz View Post
    Never worked for me. I even cleared out the application settings, user data, cache etc. Still no dice.
    My only recourse now is to view the Forum on via the browser but that's simply too inconvenient on a small mobile device......
    You can always use the "mobile style" while viewing CPF in your browser. Scroll to the bottom of any CPF page and on the left you will see a drop down menu that will likely say "Black N White". If you click on that, you will see style options. The very last one at the bottom says "default mobile style". Click on that.

You can always use the "mobile style" while viewing CPF in your browser...
    Hey now that's not too bad of an option! I'm sure it's no replacement for some fancy shmancy App, but now that I know about this option, I might use my Smart? phone more for CPF when killing time waiting to pay for my doctor's new jaguar!

But I'll always come back to my beloved Flinstone's screen and keyboard... running Bill Gaterocks's operating system :|

-Dave

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456