Sky Lumen        
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

No problem, thanks for checking.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Is there a way to have the threads in a particular subforum show further back? It seems like I can only see the threads that have a new post in about the last month or so.
    IF you look at either the top or the bottom of the screen (at least on Android) you will see symbols that look like the controls on a tape player. The arrows take you one page in either direction, and the barred arrows take you to the beginning or end of the thread.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Yes, I see those for navigating within a thread, but I am talking about the list of threads in a subforum. Only so many titles are shown - I cannot just keep scrolling down indefinitely to older and older threads, which sometimes I do if I know there was a thread of interest in the past few months, or just feel like browsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    I just pull down on the screen and it clears all the lit bulbs. Works fine on iOS.
    I've tried pulling, swiping, punching every which way, and I can not get the bulbs to turn clear after marking all read in the forum. This is android 4.4.4 on a 1st gen Nexus 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothybil View Post
    I've tried pulling, swiping, punching every which way, and I can not get the bulbs to turn clear after marking all read in the forum. This is android 4.4.4 on a 1st gen Nexus 7.
    Well... logic tells me it's a cookie thing. So the next question is... are you logged in?

Yes, I'm logged in. I even tried clearing the cache, but no difference. I guess the next step is to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. I am running version 3.7.3, if that makes a difference.

Version 3.7.3 is the current version for CPF. Have you checked your phone settings regarding cookies or whatever? You could have some kind of security setting that needs to be adjusted. I'm not seeing anyone else report this issue... which doesn't mean they aren't having it... but either they don't really care or they have found a way to "fix" it.

I can not find the app in the android play store.

Quote Originally Posted by tyxxvxl View Post
    I can not find the app in the android play store.
    What are you searching for?

I have tried searching for "CandlePowerForums" and "CPFMarketPlace" in my play store and it says no search results found.

It looks like you copied Greta's signature for your post here (that's why its blue for half of your post), but have you made sure you're typing it correctly?
    I had no issue searching for candlepowerforums and cpfmarketplace in the play store.
    -Alex

Yes I tried looking for both with those spellings. I will keep trying. Thank you.

Been using the cpf and marketplace app for a while now. Overall I like both apps, but want I don't like is: both apps still crash numerous times a day, can't upload photos straight from my phone, full-screen ad pop-up in marketplace app. I rather pay $1-3 a year for a ad-free version.

Still useful that I send error-reports via Google Play store after a crash?

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Still useful that I send error-reports via Google Play store after a crash?
    It's the same issue every time so I'm going to say no. And oddly, it's a Google issue. FWIW - the same issue is not present with iOS.

installed lg Optimus G android 4.4 working done. thanks

Been using both apps on my HTC One for a while now, and they are working great, thanks a lot!

Two small annoyances though: first, the CPF app always gives me two notifications for everything instead of just one (the marketplace is fine), does anyone else get that? Second, I can't find a way to customize the "I'm using my mobile device" notification for the end of the post. On tapatalk I could customize it, here I can just check it on or off. Is there a way to customize it I haven't found?

Sent from my HTC One using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    Been using both apps on my HTC One for a while now, and they are working great, thanks a lot!

Two small annoyances though: first, the CPF app always gives me two notifications for everything instead of just one (the marketplace is fine), does anyone else get that? Second, I can't find a way to customize the "I'm using my mobile device" notification for the end of the post. On tapatalk I could customize it, here I can just check it on or off. Is there a way to customize it I haven't found?

Sent from my HTC One using Candlepowerforums mobile app
    Both of your issues should be able to be adjusted in your settings within the app itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Both of your issues should be able to be adjusted in your settings within the app itself.
    Thanks Greta! I've searched through some of the settings but I guess I haven't found the appropriate ones yet, I'll keep looking.

Ok, in case anyone is interested, you can access the general settings only when you pull out the menu bar that comes out from the left side (at least on the Android, I don't know about the iversion), and those settings include the customizable tagline. Haven't yet found the "number of duplicate notifications" setting .

(Typed by large fingers on a tiny device, please excuse brevity and typos. )

Do we have to download both of the apps, or is it just one?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyp View Post
    Do we have to download both of the apps, or is it just one?
    Download just what you need to use, obviously the CPF app won't let you view CPFMP and vice versa.

Norm

Have since a few days Android 5.0 on my Nexus 4. Am getting some screen freezing when I enter or exit threads.

thanks for making these available! The tapatalk recent upgrade is horrible.

Hi Greta,

I had a question about the ads. I get that they have to be there, that's just part of it all. But what is driving me totally batty is that they appear and disappear randomly between posts, changing the spacing on the posts on a page. So as I am trying to read, the text keeps randomly shifting up and down, making longer posts a total pain to follow with things bouncing around on and off the page. Is there a way to make ads static once you load a page so they don't come and go and mess up all the post spacing and I can just scroll past them? Or a chance of a version that is ad free for a couple bucks? Thank you.

Any thoughts on the above post? If there is nothing that can be done, I understand, just let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Hi Greta,

I had a question about the ads. I get that they have to be there, that's just part of it all. But what is driving me totally batty is that they appear and disappear randomly between posts, changing the spacing on the posts on a page. So as I am trying to read, the text keeps randomly shifting up and down, making longer posts a total pain to follow with things bouncing around on and off the page. Is there a way to make ads static once you load a page so they don't come and go and mess up all the post spacing and I can just scroll past them? Or a chance of a version that is ad free for a couple bucks? Thank you.
    I have no control of the ads and their "random-ness".

Ok, thank you.

Any chance of an ad-free paid version? For as much as I use the app, it would be worth it to me to spend a few dollars on it. I don't know what the difference in revenue is between having ads vs. charging for an app. I have to admit I have never made or sold an app and really don't know what all is involved.

This is something I can look into once SHOT Show is behind me. I'm up to my eyeballs in trying to get everything done for that and have little time for messing with the app at this time.

Okey dokey, thank you. ::

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast