Angryfox        
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 169

Thread: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

  1. #91

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas_sti_red View Post
    Same here, but turning my mobile phone to landscape mode fixes this.
    Hmm I'm using an iPad and I always use it in landscape mode and I still have this problem it probably varies from device to device.

  2. #92
    Flashaholic* bdogps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    621

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Anyone else experiencing problems accessing cpf through the apple app? At the moment I am and the only way I can access it is through my PC.

  3. #93
    Moderator
    nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,404

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    CPF app for iOS seems to be working fine for me.

  4. #94
    Flashaholic* bdogps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    621

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    It is working for me now.

  5. #95
    *Flashaholic* kj2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,997

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Am getting this error since this morning.

  6. #96
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,597

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    You'll have to help me out a little more with this - what "app" are you trying to use to view the forum? And what is your OS?

    FYI - the CPF App is working just fine on my iOS.

  7. #97

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Cpf app on Android. I was able to ignore it by just clicking on the cpf screen in the background. Otherwise it comes up each time I open.

  8. #98
    *Flashaholic* kj2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,997

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    You'll have to help me out a little more with this - what "app" are you trying to use to view the forum? And what is your OS?

    FYI - the CPF App is working just fine on my iOS.
    CPF app on Android. (5.1.1)

  9. #99
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,597

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Uninstall and download and install a clean version. My guess is you recently upgraded the OS on your phone?

  10. #100
    *Flashaholic* kj2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,997

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Uninstall and download and install a clean version. My guess is you recently upgraded the OS on your phone?
    No. But apps work ATM.

  11. #101
    Flashaholic* RI Chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ocean State
    Posts
    3,600

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Tapatalk Ads

    Could you please disable the ads that keep appearing while using Tapatalk. They appear as "promoted", or "sponsored". They are very annoying to say the least.
    Thank you.

  12. #102
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,597

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by RI Chevy View Post
    Tapatalk Ads

    Could you please disable the ads that keep appearing while using Tapatalk. They appear as "promoted", or "sponsored". They are very annoying to say the least.
    Thank you.
    Wish I could - but alas... nope. I *THINK* (at least this is how I have it set up to work) that if you use the CPF app and you are a CPF Supporter, you get an ad-free experience. Some have reported this works while other have said it doesn't. I have no idea how or why. Tapatalk has it's own agenda and the CPF app is on the Tapatalk platform.

  13. #103
    Moderator
    nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,404

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    If you buy a Supporter badge, then delete and reinstall the CPF app you will be ad free. I have been ad free for months and I love it! Plus it's a good cause.

  14. #104
    Flashaholic* RI Chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ocean State
    Posts
    3,600

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    OK. TY. I am on other forums that use Tapatalk. There is a way to disable the ads through the Admin panel.

  15. #105
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,597

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by RI Chevy View Post
    OK. TY. I am on other forums that use Tapatalk. There is a way to disable the ads through the Admin panel.
    Yes - read nbp's post above.

  16. #106
    Flashaholic* RI Chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ocean State
    Posts
    3,600

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Yup. I did. Thanks anyway.

  17. #107
    *Flashaholic* kj2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,997

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    .. Some have reported this works while other have said it doesn't. I have no idea how or why..
    Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    If you buy a Supporter badge, then delete and reinstall the CPF app you will be ad free. I have been ad free for months and I love it! Plus it's a good cause.
    Doesn't work for me. Still seeing the ads. Running on Android 6.0.

  18. #108
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,597

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Doesn't work for me. Still seeing the ads. Running on Android 6.0.
    Let's review -

    Are you using the Tapatalk app or the CPF app?

    After you purchased the Supporter badge, did you uninstall the app and then download a fresh version and install that?

  19. #109

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Some people are just too principled to purchase a Supporter's Badge. /

    ~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

  20. #110
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,597

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Some people are just too principled to purchase a Supporter's Badge. /

    ~ Chance
    The irony is - even "Free" has a cost. Think about that for a minute. Guess it comes down to which price is higher. The good thing is that people have a choice.

  21. #111
    Flashaholic* RI Chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ocean State
    Posts
    3,600

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Some people are just too principled to purchase a Supporter's Badge. /

    ~ Chance
    Shouldn't have to pay not to view garbage adds!

  22. #112

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    The irony is - even "Free" has a cost. Think about that for a minute. Guess it comes down to which price is higher. The good thing is that people have a choice.
    I think you missed my sarcasm tag / If CPF isn't worth .11 a day for a Level One Supporter subscription, I don't know what the hell is!

    Quote Originally Posted by RI Chevy View Post
    Shouldn't have to pay not to view garbage adds!
    Someone has to pay for the bandwidth. Should it be the end-user that enjoys CPF every day, or the content provider? Do you think Greta should pay so you can receive ad-free content?

    ~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

  23. #113
    Flashaholic* RI Chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ocean State
    Posts
    3,600

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Site sponsors. I am on enough forums to know the deal. I am a moderator. I know the members shouldn't be paying to stop the annoying ads.
    If you feel like paying, then go ahead and pay.

  24. #114
    Moderator
    nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,404

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    There are many perks to buying a supporter badge, which by the way is pretty cheap, such as unlimited selling in the BST forums, increased PM privileges, attachment options, and appreciation for the hours of entertainment I get here. I sold like $800 worth of gear here in the last couple weeks for a few dollars a month subscription. That's a super deal! It's cheaper than ebay even if you only consider the BST rights! I figure the ad free app is just a nice add on for all the other stuff I already get for those $5 a month or whatever it is. But value is different for everyone I suppose.

  25. #115
    *Flashaholic* kj2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,997

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Let's review -

    Are you using the Tapatalk app or the CPF app?

    After you purchased the Supporter badge, did you uninstall the app and then download a fresh version and install that?
    Yes, the CPF app.
    Yes, I uninstalled, even turned off my phone, and then reinstalled the app again.

  26. #116
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,597

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Yes, the CPF app.
    Yes, I uninstalled, even turned off my phone, and then reinstalled the app again.
    Again, I don't know what to tell you. It works fine for me. I suspect it might be an Android thing. It ignores the forum settings sometimes. That is not something I can fix - it's Android.

  27. #117

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Thanks a lot for the good app!!

  28. #118
    *Flashaholic* kj2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,997

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Since the maintenance yesterday, the CPF app doesn't connect with the servicer. It just keeps loading and loading. (Android 6)

  29. #119
    Moderator
    nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,404

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    I'm using it currently on iOS. Must be an Android thing.

  30. #120
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,597

    Default Re: CPF/MP Mobile Apps for Android & iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Since the maintenance yesterday, the CPF app doesn't connect with the servicer. It just keeps loading and loading. (Android 6)
    Uninstall the app. Re-download and install it again.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •