Flickering in flashlights ... is it something which can be done ?

radu1976

Enlightened
Long short story : my beloved QUARK tactical 1xAA, MAELSTROM G5 as well a brand new - just received - SKILHUNT DEFIER have this problem. I had to sell my THRUNITE T30 as well a PROTAC EMS AA because of those issues.
All those lights have forward clickie. Flickering can be seen when turned on ... you can see the beam 'trembling' on the wall when they are turned on.
It's very annoying ... I tried to clean contacts, put new freshly charged batteries but nothing !
Is it the FORWARD clickie which is to blame ... can I solve this issue ?

kj2

Flashaholic
Sounds like the same problem, as what my brother has with his Olight SR Mini. Think it's the driver.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
To find out, by-pass the clickies by bridging the battery tube edge to the negative battery terminal with a paperclip... if there is no flicker, than it is clicky. Don't know if you've opened up the clicky to clean the contact points in there, but inside there can also be a source of oxidation... use some Deoxit to clean. Also the tighten the clicky plate well, it loosens up over time. Also make sure the retaining collar for the Quark clip is screwed down all the way - if loose, it will prevent tightening of the tailcap all the way.

Etsu

Enlightened
Unless this guy has over 100 lights, 5 flickering lights means he's doing something wrong or he's the unluckiest guy on Earth. Remind me never to get on an airplane with him.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do any/all of those lights use PWM? Some streamlights are pretty bad on low.

Latest posts