Luxeon madness has set in

charliek

Enlightened
I'm Luxeon light crazed it seems.... I've gotten a few high end LS lights and I'm ready for another- the question is..... which one.

Well, I have:

ARC LSH
Minimag with MM+wo sandwich
Streamlight Tasklight 3AA (LS)
Brookstone Superlux (2x 123 1w)

So far- all are 1W...

I was thinking about an Elektrolumens Blaster III
Or a TNC Hyper-Lux V....

The Surefire L4 is on the list as well....

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
charliek, you're hooked, my friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The SureFire L4 is great for putting lots of light on short to medium range objects, and it fits great in a pocket. Plus, you,ve you a lifetime warranty from SureFire.

I would also suggest a Blaster VI. It has much longer throw than the L4, plus it puts out a very wide beam... it really "lights up the night," as a fellow CPFer once said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Buy 'em both! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
peterg said:
I love my TNC Hyper-Lux V and would strongly recommend this light.

[/ QUOTE ]

They look like beauties! How long do they last on a set of batteries?

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
SilverFox said:
Hello Charliek,

In true flashaholic form "Get them all."

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Sooner or later I guess I will /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
I have pre-ordered a 3W FT-3C from Waynej. Should ship the first week of January. I figure if it doesn't sastisfy my lust for LED lumens (and we all know it won't) I can go with a 5 watter. But that will be it! The top. The end. The zenith. No more lights!!!

Ohhh look > Wayne does a 3 x 3W. I bet with the right tweaking, I could push that puppy to 10 watts. Shag-a-dillic BABY!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
charliek, It was there a few weeks ago! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif It's a 5W light in his own custom-made 2D housing, running on either 6AA or 3x123.

Take a look over here to see a photo of the Blaster VI.

There was a rumor that Wayne was going to stop making the Blaster VI. However, he told me by email that he would still sell them to CPFers by request even though they would likely disappear from the website (as apparently has happened). If you want one, send him some email!

Mine is one of my favorite lights. The beam pattern and overall brightness is SWEEEEEET. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
EvilLithiumMan said:
I have pre-ordered a 3W FT-3C from Waynej. Should ship the first week of January. I figure if it doesn't sastisfy my lust for LED lumens (and we all know it won't) I can go with a 5 watter. But that will be it! The top. The end. The zenith. No more lights!!!

Ohhh look > Wayne does a 3 x 3W. I bet with the right tweaking, I could push that puppy to 10 watts. Shag-a-dillic BABY!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... I think a fiver would "hit the spot" nicely.....

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
charliek, the Blaster VI was selling for something like $89.95 brand new and with both types of battery adapter. Every once in a while you can find a used on on B/S/T for about $60. IMHO, the $60 price tag for a used one is a bargain. Also, it's really easy to replace the Luxeon star with a new, better one whenever you like.