• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Olight i692

James3

Enlightened
Olight i692

I decided to put some skills I've learned into modifying an Olight i6 paladin, and if there is interest i would like to make a few for some of you, the last light I made (a 26650 XJ92) didn't sell well, I think that was because it was a budget light, and people don't tend to trust or like budget lights, so I've gone for a well known brand, Olight!
I hope I can sell a few of this and I would like people to see my work, I've spend a long time learning everything, I don't claim to be the best but all my work is high quality and I take my time making things perfect!

I wanted to keep it small and cheap so went for the Olight i6, it is a great size for an 18650 light and has good throw for the big reflector.

Here's the manufacturer specs.

●World-class super bright Cree XM-L LED
●Anti-battery polarity reverse protection
●Friendly user interface, easy to access to two digitally controlled constant brightness levels
●Rugged indestructible aluminum body with anti-scratching type III hard anodization.
●Anti-slip knurling for a tight firm grip
●Highly water resistant to IPX-8
●Mil-spec: MIL-STD-810F
●Orange peel reflector offers perfect beam and long throw.
●Included Accessories: lanyard, spare o-rings, holster, and batteries
●Low: 80 lumens - 5.8 hour runtime
●High: 420 lumens - 1 hour runtime
●Waterproof to 2 meters, drop resistant up to 1.5 meters.
●Impressive maximum output of 420 out the front lumens with a range of up to 200 meters. Friendly user interface, easy to access to two digitally controlled constant brightness levels:

Obviously some of these specs have now changed.

My upgrades:

● Emitter swap from XML to Noctigon mounted XML2 6500-7000K (if you want a different tint I'll see what I can do)
● dome on or de-dome - will do this for no extra charge:) remember warmer tint after dedome. (also, I do not use petrol/fuel/chemicals to dedome I think it is messy and could damage the die)
● thin layer of arctic silver thermal paste on MPCB
● single mode direct drive for max output (at a guess I'd say about 1700-1800 lumens, massive increase from 420)
● silicone padded heat sinking
● 20AWG silicone wire reinforcing springs in tail for better current transfer
● 20AWG silicone wire direct from emitter to PCB for better current transfer
● emitter centering for best beam focus
● high quality silicone greased threads
● contact points cleaned and improved (deoxit if necessary)
● all original accessories included (batteries not included)
● general tweaks

P1000137_zpsc065514b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I can of course leave the factory circuit board in and just dedome and emitter swap an XML2 onto factory board if that's what you would like.

For best results use High drain 18650, battery used in testing was a Sony vtc4
Normal modded light rules apply, to hot to hold etc. for a small light it handles the heat really well.

I have no way of measuring lumens or throw so I'm just guessing and using beam shots comparisons. The throw and lumens from this light are greatly increased.

Nice beam pattern with de-dome and OP reflector, long throw with usable spill.
Go for dome on if you want a floodier beam.

As in the last thread I want to make 5 lights but I will consider another batch if they sell good, if not than never mind!

1. 10% off
2. 5% off

I am selling the light for £55+ postage of your choice in UK
First class is £4.50
Special delivery £7.20

postage to USA is £12.50 tracked and signed or £7.50 standard

(Paypal only)

Prices in GBP, works out roughly about $106 standard shipping. (Normally us UK guys that have the high postage ;))

I've tried to keep the light as cheap as I can, people obviously don't want to spend big money if they don't know your work, but everyone has to start somewhere right?
I do have a bigger project for another 18650 light coming up in the future hopefully.. Depending on how these sell!

I really like this light and it's the perfect size, it's a little powerhouse and is really bright and well made.

I am going to the states in a couple of months and staying there for a month so I am hoping to sell a few lights to help fund the trip, I am not making much money on each light after labour and parts so tips would be greatly appreciated if you like my work :)

If I've forgotten anything I will update when I remember.

Beamshots later when it's dark :)

Any questions ask away!

Last edited:

James3

Enlightened
P1000134_zps74fca3a6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
next to the X10vn

P1000136_zps3d5809e3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
X10vn

P1000137_zpsc065514b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i692 (de-dome version)

as you can tell the i692 is a floodier beam with a less concentrated hotspot than the X10vn due to the smaller and OP reflector, but has a siimilar brightness :)

(sorry forgot to take photos of the stock i6, you can always look at the reviews of the stock light)

Last edited: