Opinions on the Sunwayman C20C ?

PAPAJOHN

Newly Enlightened
Hi , new to forum with a question. Thinking about buying a Sunwayman C20C , wondering what others think ?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the modified version from Vinhnguyen54 and absolutely love it. It instantly became my edc.
Side switch is awesome, I've had it underwater numerous times, and it's held up flawlessly. It's got a great beam profile, that's nice and throwy. And it's the smallest 18650 light I've ever handled. It's the same size as the V11R with AA extention.
Because of that, it runs for ages. The low voltage indicator is also great feature.

I couldn't recommend it more. You won't be disappointed at all.

u7uge3em.jpg

The c20cvn is 1300lm. Vn= modified. Current boosted and dedomed led.

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
Im not sure if its the same UI as the C15A and C10R, which I owned, but I didnt like the UI.
Switching between modes is done by a Full Press-and-Hold to change modes.. and its not really fast at doing that.
I prefer changing modes with a single click, not by pressing and holding the switch.

What I missed on the C15A is a Complete Power Off button, like a tail switch. Because of the parasitic drain.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C20C is very nice. It's small and feels good in the hand. Very well built. I own 2, both of which I heavily modded. I replaced the emitter in one with an MTG2, and the other with triple XPG2. The one with triple XPG2 is my favorite light in this size range.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi , new to forum with a question. Thinking about buying a Sunwayman C20C , wondering what others think ?

I just love this light of mine, it's a small general-purpose EDC light. Proof that I love it so much? I lost mine at a wedding I attended, what I did I bought another one to replace it right away! :)

It's one of the smallest 18650 lights in the market today. This actually has been replaced by the C21C however some people find the design of the C20C better.

You mentioned CR123's, it is still better to invest in good unprotected 18650 cells and use them on this light.

There are so many alternatives out there to choose from. like the Zebralight SC600 MKII and so much more!

OH YEAH, WELCOME TO CPF! :)

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a bone stock Tomahawk and I love it. I regularly carry it around the house and in my pocket if I'm going out in the evening. Very nice light.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a C20C. I find turning on the light a bit difficult. What I mean is that the light has a momentary feature too. So to turn the light on you have to have a pretty fast click on. Otherwise if you sit on the "ON" switch too long you go into turbo-momentary. And it doesn't take much time. I mean we're talking the difference of fractions of a second here. I think they could have made the timing a little longer that you have to hold the switch for momentary function..........maybe a half a second. As it is if I don't want to hit momentary, I have to do a real fast click of the switch.

The light is nice and small for a 18650. I like the size and the beam profile. Switch is a bit stiff but that may be on purpose to keep it from accidentally turning. on.

Anyone else have this issue or is it me or is it the light?