Best delivery time

LGT

Enlightened
Have you ever ordered something from a dealer, seller and just been blown away with how fast you received it? A few days ago my dehumidifier stopped working. Searched the error code, ordered the humidity sensor at 3:52pm. At 8:21am the next day, the part was on my front door step. Granted Albany NY is only a five hour drive from my house. But that's fast. Any other stories?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few years ago, I ordered a new cell phone to replace my daughter's. Ordered at 2pm, received at 4pm the next day.
Actually it kind of freaked me out....

I recently had to return a printer to Amazon. The UPS employee picked it up around 3:25pm. I received an e mail from Amazon at 5:50pm notifying me that my credit card had been credited. That was a surprise. :twothumbs

~ Chance

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Amazon's whole world domination model is centered around impossibly fast shipping times; if you're a Prime member ($99 for a year of free shipping) and you live anywhere near a distribution center, most of your orders will arrive next-day, even if you selected 2-3 day shipping. Add to that Sunday delivery. Add to that holiday delivery - my Amazon Fire TV arrived on Memorial Day. And as Chauncey mentioned, it's just as fast going the other way if there's a problem.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing remarkable about your story and as of yesterday one UK parcel company have started Sunday deliveries with the aim of same day delivery.If i order a torch today before 3pm i expect it on my door mat the next day.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Nothing remarkable about your story and as of yesterday one UK parcel company

Not a parcel company, the Postal Service - Amazon asked the US Government nicely to cancel postal workers' one day off to deliver their packages exclusively. And it's free for Prime members; a case of dumbbells dragged to your door by a government employee on a lazy Sunday morning, all free of charge.

More remarkable, this will soon include free same-day groceries..

GhostMatador

Newly Enlightened
When I order light bulbs or other things for the four wheeler from Rocky Mountain ATV in the morning, I get it in the afternoon. I had no idea how this is possible. It's in the same state I found out (Utah), but still incredible.
I had to trace my steps back through the day when the package was there on my step after coming home from work.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a parcel company, the Postal Service - Amazon asked the US Government nicely to cancel postal workers' one day off to deliver their packages exclusively. And it's free for Prime members; a case of dumbbells dragged to your door by a government employee on a lazy Sunday morning, all free of charge.

More remarkable, this will soon include free same-day groceries..

The company concerned is our postal service,they happen to deliver both like many other postal services around the world.

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
I'd rather have a few days lead time if it means P&P is free but the option for next day is nice if you need stuff ASAP.

Most impressed with delivery from Heinnie Haynes, ordered at mid-day, order arrived with the next day's post!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd rather have a few days lead time if it means P&P is free but the option for next day is nice if you need stuff ASAP.

Most impressed with delivery from Heinnie Haynes, ordered at mid-day, order arrived with the next day's post!
Flash and Fenix are usually like Heinnie as well,i use all 3 of them,timed delivery is worth paying the extra if you need it.Cannot wait to try the new service when it is up and running with same day delivery.