scorpion and stinger bulbs

FlameOn

Enlightened
I've had a replacement bulb in the package for a few years in my drawer that someone gave me with my scorpion light....it says it is for the stinger and poly stinger...it looks like it would fit into the scorpion but is a tad longer...will it work okay?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope...The Scorpion is a 6V, while the Stinger is 3.6V...The Stinger bulb will explode if used in a Scorpion (if it even fits).

--dan

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dano is right in most cases. If you use a 3.7 V Copia LRB168B lithium Ion battery (the length of 2 @ CR123's) it should work (again, if the longer bulb focuses).

According to an email I once received from Streamlight's chief engineer, the Stinger bulb puts out about 10% more light than the Scorpion bulb. The 3.7 V 1.7 A Stinger bulb is rated to run at 6 Watts. Brock measured the Scorpion bulb at 4.8 V 1.1 A 5.3 Watts.

I think you've motivated me to experiment. The 1.4 Ah of the Copia Li-Ion vs. the 1.8 Ah of the Stinger 3 sub C battery pack is an attractive size/capacity tradeoff. The Scorpion battery(ies) are 68 mm long vs. 169 mm for 3 sub C's.

FlameOn

Enlightened
Interesting...I just got my scorpion back from streamlight for a broken tail switch...the bulb I had in there was blackened, but it came back with a new one and it looks exactly the same as the stinger bulb (a hair longer than the scoprion one)...

FlameOn

Enlightened
upon further inspection I can see the actual filament is a bit longer on the stinger bulb.....thanks for the input, don't want to blow anything up...

Latest posts